Saturday, September 6, 2014

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, YUM!

Tonight for dinner I made Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. 

 It's something I haven't made in quite a while and my entire family just LOVES it!  So, I had chicken out last night and planned on making it, but things came up and it just didn't happen.  I will admit, I cheated tonight and used the Alfredo sauce from a jar, which is not how I normally do it.  Usually we make it from scratch with the heavy cream and fresh garlic.  

The chicken I always cook separately.  Once the chicken is fully cooked, and you can cook it anyway you like it.  I like to bake it with just a little salt and pepper, but it was way too hot for that today.  So, I just put a little coconut oil in a pan and put the chicken in the pan, added some fresh ground black pepper and garlic and simmered it until it was done.  Once it was done I removed the chicken from the pan and cut it up into bite sized cubes.  (removing all the fat and yucky parts, of course)  My George Foreman Grill is great for this too.  

Here is the recipe I use for the Alfredo Sauce

1 pkg Pasta (penne or fettuccine)
1 stick of butter
1 clove of minced garlic
1 pint of heavy cream
1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

Make Pasta to your liking.
In a sauce pan over medium heat – melt butter and add garlic and cook for two minutes, then add in heavy cream and cream cheese and heat until bubbling, but do not boil.
Add in Parmesan Cheese and mix until the cheese melts.
Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste (you don't need to use all of this, do to your liking).
Mix the hot sauce into the chicken, add noodles, and serve. 

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...