Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Gratitude

We witnessed a miracle when Kevin had surgery on his back this last time.  Even the surgeon mentioned that he could not see certain things in the  MRI's they did prior to the surgery.  I will never forget the surgeon's words to me after surgery.  He said Kevin was a very lucky man.  We are so very grateful to the surgeon for heeding the prompting he had and deciding to go ahead with the surgery.  I know these doctors do not jump to surgery, usually surgery is a last resort, but we are so glad he did do this surgery.  We know Kevin could have ended up paralyzed for the rest of his life if the surgeon did not go in when he did.  What a blessing!

Sometimes it's hard to exercise faith when asking the Lord for miracles.  "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith."  (Ether 12:12)  God will show himself to us in the form of miracles only AFTER we exercise faith.

Unfortunately there is no way around it.  Spencer W. Kimball taught:  "Being human, we would expel from our lives physical pain and mental anguish and assure ourselves of continual ease and comfort, but if we were to close the doors upon sorrow and distress, we might be excluding out greatest friends and benefactors.  Suffering can make saints of people as they learn patience, long-suffering, and self-mastery."  

I for one have really learned to LOVE the book of Ether this summer!  One scripture that has struck me is Ether 12:27!  We learn that our weaknesses are actually GIVEN to us.  Sometimes you have to wonder.....what the heck?  Sometimes I get frustrated with my own weaknesses!!  Reading this scripture helps me re-thing EVERYTHING.  Weaknesses are a gift!!  The Lord promises "If they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, them will I make weak things become strong unto them."  This brings comfort and relief to hear this!  "I Moroni having heard these words was comforted."  (Ether 12:29)

I love this invitation from Moroni:  "I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ may be and abide in you forever.  Amen."  (Ether 12:41)

Isn't that wonderful???!!!  Just simply beautiful!  I LOVE THAT!!!  

We are extremely grateful for all of our blessings.  Now we need to show our appreciation by trying to keep His commandments.  I pray we will.  

Well tomorrow is a busy day.  Kevin has two doctors appointments and we need to get the car in for servicing too.  Not to mention a ton of other things.  Time for bed.  Have a good night, take care, and we will talk to you soon








 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...