4. Should athletes be role models?
Oh, this is a great question! In fact, I remember having this conversation with my husband when Charles Barkley was under the gun for stating he was not a role model. While I do believe ANYONE can be a role model if they deserve to be!! BUT, the interpretation of "deserving" would differ greatly among the individual. I think this is where parents need to be careful and teach their children which individuals are good role models and which ones are not. Sure, you may enjoy watching this person or that person play a sport. That doesn't mean you want to OR SHOULD model your life after that individual.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?I have always dreamed about owning a large amount of land with one of those big old homes with the wrap around porches around it. With a few rocking chairs on the front porch for us and our guests to sit in and sip lemonade, and a tree swing too. And since there would be plenty of room, I would love a large pool. You know the one that you can just walk into. No steps just like at the beach, with a large rock slide and maybe a cave in it. Then I would also like to build a go-cart track. You know something the grand kids could play on when they came over. AND....if the kids wanted to build a house on the land, I say the more the merrier!!!
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
8. Insert your own random thought here.