Wednesday, August 20, 2014

This and That

Unfortunately, I really do NOT have time to write this post, but the withdrawal is so bad that I just have to!  (Grin, Grin.....Smile!!!)

1.  What question do you often ask yourself?  
There are several.  Like Where has the time gone?  I look at my children and I think, they just can't be 26, 24, 19, and 15.....they just cant!!!  Then I ask myself this one too....Is this really what I should be doing, isn't there more I have to offer?  I think it's my age.  I'm not young and spry anymore, but I'm not dead yet either.   Some days I feel like I have been put out to pasture.  When I ask that question it is usually in regards to church and things.  I want to serve.  I want to be involved.  Someone once stood at the pulpit in our ward and basically said she was tired of the same 20 people doing everything.  WELL.....here I am!  I am not one of those 20 people.  I could do more.  (I might regret letting this thought get out later.)   Sometimes I think labels are placed on people and once that happens you are done for and you will never get another chance.  EVER!  To be quite honest, it is sad that some people do not try to form their own opinion before jumping to conclusions.  Sad, but it happens.  Celestial eyes.  Aren't we taught to look at others with our celestial eyes?  Just sayin.  I know it can be hard.  (I am now stepping down from the soap box.  I promise.)

2.  Do you grow roses?  What's your favorite color of roses?  Ever been given a dozen roses?  Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
We have roses all along the side of our front yard and honestly, this is the first time we have ever taken care of roses.  They are not ease to care for.  In fact, if I had a house I was renting out, roses would not be a part of the landscape just because they are harder to take care of.  I like how pretty they are when they bloom.  I think eventually we will be replanting the roses in our yard....they need some help.  EEK!  Yes, I have been given a dozen roses.  It was many years after my husband and I were married that I received my first dozen roses.  You see, I use to be a florist and they NEVER get flowers sent to them.  Why that is, I have no idea.  It just is.  I remember when Kevin and I were dating, I use to make up bouquets for his mother when he was on his mission, but I never got flowers.  After we were married I got one rose at a time and then a bouquet of mixed flowers.  Then one day we were talking about it and my husband found out he never got me roses.  Well, that changed quickly.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't complain.  In fact, I never brought it up because I thought if he wanted to get me roses, he would get me roses.  Plus we were a young couple with not much money.  Roses were not even a thought in our minds at the time.  My favorite rose garden was in a neighbors yard.  She took very good care of her roses.  They were beautiful!  

3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products?  Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date?  Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
I do pay attention to freshness dates.  In fact, I check some of them before I even leave the store.  I was burned one time when I bought cheese from a large grocery store.  I am amazed at how often the date has passed and the goods are still on the grocery shelf.  Aggravates me to death!  Since then, I check the dates.  Eggs, I do not use eggs past their dates.  Not even in a pinch.  Medicine, I might take some medication past the date on the prescription bottle because the actual date used by the pharmacist is different than the date actually on the bottle they dispensed the medicine from.  Usually they have another 6 months to go before expiring.  I NEVER buy a dented can.  It's funny, whenever I buy who pinto beans in the can at Walmart I find more dented cans of pinto beans than I do anything else.  

4. Should athletes be role models?
Oh, this is a great question!  In fact, I remember having this conversation with my husband when Charles Barkley was under the gun for stating he was not a role model.  While I do believe ANYONE can be a role model if they deserve to be!!  BUT, the interpretation of "deserving" would differ greatly among the individual.  I think this is where parents need to be careful and teach their children which individuals are good role models and which ones are not.  Sure, you may enjoy watching this person or that person play a sport.  That doesn't mean you want to OR SHOULD model your life after that individual.  

5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
WOW! I've thought about this more recently that my children have gotten older than I care to admit.  Funny how that happens.  I want to enter heaven's gates at the end of my life and hear the Lord say, "well done thy good and faithful servant."  I'm afraid that I have often failed miserably in this area but thankfully,  I serve a God that has not finished with me yet.  As long as I have the breath of life in me, I can continue to strive to serve Him more faithfully. Of course, being a good wife, mother, and daughter of God, I desire for that to be my greatest achievement. Hopefully I will continue to make strides in this area. 

6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?I have always dreamed about owning a large amount of land with one of those big old homes with the wrap around porches around it.  With a few rocking chairs on the front porch for us and our guests to sit in and sip lemonade, and a tree swing too.  And since there would be plenty of room, I would love a large pool.  You know the one that you can just walk into.  No steps just like at the beach, with a large rock slide and maybe a cave in it.  Then I would also like to build a go-cart track.  You know something the grand kids could play on when they came over.  AND....if the kids wanted to build a house on the land, I say the more the merrier!!!  

  7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
I usually arrive between 6:50 and 7:00p.m.  I think any time later would be considered late as far as I am concerned.  I usually don't want to miss any part of the event that I attend.  Before that, I don't want to get in the way of the last minute preparations the host or hostess might be dealing with.  (Smile)  

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
1)  Some people really put a lot of guilt on their children.  I makes me sad to hear about this.  I think some parents need to stop demanding so much from their children and let them do their own thing!  Don't these parents know they are stressing their children out and they don't need that.  And that is all I am going to say on that subject right now.  (Smile, Smile, Grin, Grin)
2)  I am worried about Kevin.  His legs are really weak and his left one is numb.  Tonight he came out with his walker, like he has been doing, and just able went down.  Thank goodness for that walker and for Kyle being here to help pick Kevin up and get him back to bed.  This is not good.  I tried to get him to let me call the doctor, but he wouldn't let me.  He said the doctor would just order another MRI and he couldn't handle laying flat on that table right now.  But I think if he is like this tomorrow I will have no other choice.  EEK!!!  I am a little freaked out at the moment.  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...