Sunday, August 31, 2014

I want CHOCOLATE!!!!!

For some strange reason I have a craving for chocolate.  Of course I do.  My pants are fitting a little loser now.  It's only natural that I would want to eat my body weight in chocolate now, right???!!!  Do you have any idea just how much chocolate that would be?  (Bet you thought I was going to tell you just how much too....Ha ha,......WRONG!  I don't want to scare you or anything.  LOL!  So, we will keep that number to ourselves for now.)  Well, maybe not MY body weight.  Maybe the body weight of my new little nephew who is only 1 month old and now weighs 10 pounds.  I can't believe how much he has grown.  

10 pounds of chocolate!  That's right, I want at least that!  
HA HA!  My sister-in-law brought dinner to us tonight and we did have brownies!  So, I had one.  That's all I needed to get my chocolate fix.  It was the garlic bread I had 3 pieces of that will kill me.  LOL!  I didn't eat any spaghetti.  I didn't eat any salad.  Just three slices of the garlic bread and a brownie and I was good to go.  I'm sure later or maybe even tomorrow that spaghetti will be calling my name.  We will see.  

Since chocolate has been on my mind and since I really should stay away.  I thought I would share a few chocolate favorites with you.  Hope you like these...

Have you tried this stuff yet?  Jif Salted Caramel Spread!!!....
Yes indeedy, friends, this looks like some good stuff.  Take a vanilla wafer, put some extra crunchy peanut butter on it and then SMEAR this heavenly spread over that and you will be a happy camper!  The salt will cut the extreme sweetness of the caramel just enough.  You will find this on the aisle next to the peanut butter.  You can thank me later.  

And in keeping with our Chocolate theme.  Here is a recipe I absolutely LOVE!!!!  

Crockpot Chocolate Peanut Clusters
(doesn't that just sound wonderful!!!)
Chocolate peanut clusters - Jason Lam/Flickr
INGREDIENTS
2 pounds (2-16 ounce jars) dry roasted peanuts, salted
48 ounces almond bark white chocolate
4 ounces sweet German chocolate
10-12 ounces dark chocolate

*Please note:  This recipe works the best in a standard crockpot that has three settings - on, low, and high.
Prep Time:  60 minutes  Cook Time: 180 minutes  Total time: 240 minutes

PREPARATION
Place all ingredients in crockpot.  Cook on low for 3 hours.  DO NOT TOUCH.  Turn the crockpot off and let sit for 20 minutes.  Cover a large surface (about 3 square feet) with waxed or parchment paper.  Stir mixture completely.  Drop by teaspoons full (I use iced tea teaspoons.  This is my one chance to use these since I do not drink iced tea)  onto paper.  Let harden and store in airtight containers.  

Helpful Hints about this recipe.
This recipe originally called for 1/2 salted and 1/2 unsalted dry roasted nuts.  I much prefer using all salted nuts.  Using almond bark tends to make the chocolate nuts very sweet.  To tone down the sweetness and increase the chocolate flavor, I used dark chocolate.  On the first time making this, you may wish to look at your mixture at 2 hours.  I've made this recipe many, many times in two different types of crockpots and never had a problem.  Unfortunately, I did have a friend whose crockpot may have cooked hotter than the low setting.  Her chocolate dried out.  So when you peek, if possible try not to lift the lid, the chocolate should look slightly melted and not dry.  If it looks okay, continue cooking until 3 hours is reached.  

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend.  LABOR DAY WEEKEND that is!  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...