Thursday, July 10, 2014

The "WALL"

Once in a while my husband or one of my kids say something that I never want to forget.  Kevin comes up with some good ones, especially late at night.  My kids have this gift too.  Many times I find myself wanting to write these things down, but I always misplace the slip of paper I write these things down on and they get lost forever.  BUT, I came up with a great idea to help me hang on to things I hear that I NEVER want to forget, especially the funny sayings!!!
 
What am I going to do?  I am going to dedicate a wall in our home.  You know, like a graffiti wall. This will be a place to write down those things that I want to see often and never misplace them again!  Since we rent, it won't actually be a wall, but actually a "picture" hanging on a wall, a framed masterpiece where we can include, something someone said that was funny and we never want to forget.  This will be a family wall.  (Others will have to go write on their own walls in their own homes.)  This will be our very own, meaningful, priceless, irreplaceable ART!  I think the sentiments art like this brings will be priceless!  Not to mention fun to do!

                                                  (NOT LIKE THIS!)
 
Just think how much fun it will be to include some of those unforgettable moments our grandchildren will have when they use new words out of context, or cannot pronounce words properly, and funny comments shared in our home, just to name few!  All written down with a date. 
 
Each comment or quote will have its own block.  Once each block is filled a glass cover will be secured over the picture to preserve these precious momentos and we will start a new one. 
 
EASY TO MAKE:  Create, print, or purchase a sheet of paper with colors/shapes any way you like, have it enlarged by a professional printer on glossy paper and framed if you want it to last a long time.  Hang your sheet of paper in the frame on the wall.  Use a permanent marker to jot down those funnies your family shares.  Wouldn't some of these quotes be fun to share when your children get older with your grandchildren? 

(LIKE THIS)
(OR THIS)

(OR THIS!  Think of all the possibilities....)
 
When I get mine finished, I will share a photo of my "wall" art with you.  Hope this inspires you to save those precious things your husbands, children,  and grandchildren say.  No one else will have ART like this in their homes!  You will have the original.  Won't that be fun?  I think it will be awesome!!  AND,....this could be an interesting gift to give.  Give it a try. 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...