Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hooray! I'm all done!!

We shopped until we dropped yesterday.  I think I finished the evening by grocery shopping at
9:30 p.m.  When we got home from the grocery story I had a hard time falling asleep.  In fact, I don't think I actually went to bed until 1:00 a.m.  I just could not fall asleep to save my life.  That meant by the time I tried to get up today it didn't happen.  I missed church completely and I probably would have missed seeing my son get set apart if it wasn't for my alarm.  Sad but true.  
Curtis was set apart as an Elder today.  Everyone met in our Bishop's office and the room was filled with stake leaders, ward leaders, friends, and family.  It was very quick and very simple.  The best part was that Kevin got to be there to do the ordination.  With all that Kevin has been dealing with, this was very important to him.  He wanted to be able to do this today.  He spent all day yesterday and all day today not taking his pain medication.  So, I know now he is really hurting.  But nothing was going to keep him from this ordination.  
A few days ago Kevin informed me that we needed to buy all the Star Wars movies again.  Apparently the movies we had got ruined somehow.  Could it be because they have been watched over and over again?  Could it be because they never got put back in their cases?  I've decided to get rid of all of the cases and buy those binders with the CD size sleeves and keep all of our movies in the binders.  I like the idea for less clutter.  Eventually we will be converting our family room into a Man Cave for the boys.  Kyle ordered some stadium seats from ASU they were selling.  They should arrive soon.  Once they do the conversion will begin.  Kevin and the boys have lots of sports items they need a place to display them.  Our family room is actually a converted bedroom with pocket doors from our living room to the family room.  We will only have a couple big chairs in the room and everything else will need to go.  That means all the pictures I have hung up in there.  That means my gallery wall from here will need to be moved.  Since it was geared to Kevin and I, it will be moved to our bedroom.  Not a biggy.  It will look cool in our bedroom too. 
 

I received the container to put the table centerpiece in for my nephew's wedding today.  My sister-in-law brought it with her to the ordination.  Tonight I finished that too.  So, I will be delivering that to them tonight.  I want to get the vase out of our home so nothing happens to it.  With the dog and the kids, with my luck something would happen to it.  I am officially done with my nephew's wedding flowers.  Yeah!  My dining room can start to get back to normal until the next wedding.  

Here is a photo of the table centerpiece I made.  

My son took this photo.  I wish he would have taken the photo from a different angel.  I wanted the arrangement to be tall since all the table centerpieces will be tall.  So, we will see what the bride thinks.  If she doesn't like it, we can always do something different.  (If you look off in the distance, you can see another arrangement I made for one of my nieces weddings.  The photo's were taken in my brother and sister-in-law's home.)  
 
 
 
It's getting late and I need to get to bed so I can be ready for work tomorrow.  Here is hoping you have a wonderful night. 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...