Monday, June 30, 2014

This is what it's all about...

It's been a few days since my procedures and I am doing okay except for the nausea I feel now.  It usually hits first thing in the morning.  UGH!  Not fun!  I did pretty good Friday afternoon.  Everyone told me I would sleep a lot afterwards.  Well, the sleeping thing didn't kick in until Saturday.  I got up on Saturday around 8 a.m. and then went back down around 10 a.m. and I didn't wake up again until almost 4 p.m.  I was wiped out!  Now I think my sleep cycle is all messed up.  I couldn't get back to sleep until about 2 a.m.  So, I missed Sacrament Meeting, but made it to Sunday School yesterday.  Sunday School was about all I could handle.  When I sat down in my class, the nausea hit and I thought I was going to have to leave before the meeting started.  Thankfully it calmed down and I could stay at least for that meeting. I came home from Sunday School and took another long nap. What is up with all these naps lately?   I hope this nausea goes away soon.  

Not much has been happening around the Schmidt house.  Curtis had his interview for Priesthood advancement last week.  He will meet with our Stake President in a week or two just before Stake Conference.  They will present his name at the General Meeting of Stake Conference too.  He is going to be an Elder in a couple of weeks!  I can hardly believe it!!!  SO EXCITING!!!  He will meet with our Bishop mid July to start see where he is at and hopefully start his mission papers then.  Our Bishop wants his papers in before the school year starts.  We have so much to do, but this is exciting.  Curtis is super excited!!  Before long we will be announcing where he will be serving his mission.   Hard to believe!

My parents had an exciting week.  They celebrated their 49th Wedding Anniversary.  That's right, 49th!!!  Next year is the big 50!  Looks like a big party is in order.  Oops!  Don't tell my parents.  They don't know what I am up to, or better yet, have in mind for them next year.  It will be fun.  We will invite our family and friends to come celebrate and maybe I will get to meet some extended family members I haven't met yet.  That would be fun.  My dad was adopted and he just recently met his birth mother and his siblings.  My dad has been working on lots of genealogy for his adoptive side of the family and when he started researching his birth side it was like a whole new world was revealed to him.  Exciting!  I have to say, I am very grateful for all the research my parents have been doing with all of our families genealogy.  My parents have gone back pretty far.  Now all that is left to do is the temple work.  Kevin and I like doing temple work for family members.  Just before Kevin's father past away we did the work for his grandparents.  Kevin's dad did not want to see his parents again and not be able to tell them that their work was done.  It was amazing how everything fell into place the day we scheduled everything from the baptisms to the sealing.  It was so awesome.  It was meant to be for sure!  Then when we were done with the work, with tears streaming down everyone's face, we presented the completed cards to Kevin's father for every ordinance performed for Kevin's Grandparents.  Even though it was sad to know why we were doing this temple work, it was also so exciting to know the people we were doing the work for.  We all felt an overwhelming sense of peace that day.  Throughout the day we felt the spirit so strong in the temple that day and we knew Kevin's Grandparents were pleased that their work was done.  Later we went back to the temple to have Kevin's dad and brother sealed to their parents.  Kevin and his brother stood in for their father and their uncle, but it was Kevin's niece and her husband that stood in for Kevin's Grandparents.  This too was awesome!   This is what genealogy is all about.  Sealing families together forever.  I hope we get the chance to help with some of the temple work for my family soon.  


The temple provides purpose for our lives.  It brings peace to our souls - not the peace provided by men but the peace promised by the Son of God when He said, 
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you."

-Thomas S. Monson
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...