Thursday, June 19, 2014

More Doors?

What to do?  What to do?  I have these two doors.  One I got from a neighbor down the street, the other I got from someone in Chandler.  I want the first one you see in the photo to be a chalkboard.  As you can see the person that had this tried out a little chalkboard paint all ready.  I wanted the door to be another color other than white.


I was thinking something along the lines of this color.  It's almost an aqua, or light turquoise or something.  I really like this color and I love the decorative metal piece around the edges too.  Of course, I will have to figure out how to make this door chippy looking too. 


This is kind of what I had in mind with my door with color and the chalkboard.  I of course, will go looking for some kind of decorative metal pieces to add too.  Just to give the door a little character.  Hobby Lobby here I come.  
(In a day or so, of course.)


AND, last but certainly NOT least.  I need to find a great door knob to add.  Something with a little character.  I love these, but we will see what we can come up with.  I know of a couple online stores that have some really cool stuff and of course, Hobby Lobby too.



Now for the idea I have for the second door in the photo below.  Have you seen how some people have turned the door into a photo frame or shelf thingy? 

I love this one.  


BUT, I absolutely LOVE this one!!  I'm thinking I can add a shelf to the top and hang this up in our bedroom with photos of our kids or something.   


This is what a Facebook friend received for Mother's Day this year. I absolutely LOVE this too.  I like the sign and I wish I had a built in plant shelf like this to put mine on too.  Isn't hers adorable?  Whoever made hers did an awesome job!!


Sanding, and striping, and painting.....oh MY!  
I of course will not be starting this little project for at least a week or so.  We have a few other things that need to be addressed first.  Kevin has a pain block or nerve ablation and I have two procedures scheduled for next week too.  Growing old is tough sometimes.  BUT, we are hopeful this pain block or nerve thing will do the trick for Kevin and we are also hopeful that my test results and procedures will all come back with no issues too.  After that, look out world!  I will be busy!!!  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...