Monday, May 19, 2014

Weddings Weddings Weddings

We spent the evening shopping for wedding flowers with my nephew's future bride.  It was fun to walk the isles of the store and look at colors and things.  I love the colors especially since most of the colors are all ready in the flowers in my living room.  Off white, a wine color, mustard yellow, and a dark chartreuse green, with a touch of brown.  The happy couple will be getting married in August, but the bride really wants a fall wedding.  I am thrilled with her color choices, the theme and the style of everything.  It is going to be fun.  I can't wait to see it all come together for them.
Yes, I admit it, I have an addiction!  It's called I would LOVE to decorate for any and all receptions I could get my hands on.  It's a problem I have and I cannot control myself.  Honestly, it's usually my sister in law that gets me started each time.  She talks about colors and ideas and then I just cannot help myself.  Then I hit the Internet and start searching for ideas.  When I start hitting the stores and searching the neighborhoods or whatever that's when my family wants to disown me.  I hate to tell them, but it's started all ready.  I just cannot control myself.  There should be a support group for people like me.  Can you just see it now....."Hello, my name is Sondra, and I am a wannabe wedding planner." Yeah, I need help now!  Because I have fallen off the wagon again.  EEK!!!  Help!  Help!!
Before too long my children will start asking their friends if they can move in with them because they cannot stand to be around me.  I get really worked up about these things.  Really!  I do.  What's that saying, "If you can't think of anything but planning and decorating for weddings first, then you're supposed to be a wedding planner."  I think being a wedding planner/decorator should be my life's calling.  I seriously can think about it all day and all night.  Look out, Danielle and Lexi.  This pent up planner/decorator energy will most likely drive you insane when the time comes to plan your weddings.  LOOK OUT!! Remember I warned you both!

Here was my big idea for the night....  Since her colors are fall colors why not take advantage of all those fall leaves and things coming out soon.  You could get 4 foot tall branches of trees without any real leaves on them.  Clean them up, of course.  You could even spray paint them a dark brown.  Put them in an old #10 can and secure it with plaster of Paris.  Once secured, you could cover the can with burlap and tie it with a big bow at the bottom.  Then in the tree glue a lot o those fall leaves in the wedding colors.  Add a few flowers.  But to include the brides lantern idea, you could make little lanterns out of a thick card stock paper or even the thin sheets of plastic they sell at a fabric store.  Hang the lanterns in the trees and put tea lights in each lantern.  Then add some candles or tea lights around the trees on the table too.  That way you don't spend a lot of money and you get a grand look for not a lot of money.  Here are a few photos for inspiration....
AND Lantern templates too....




There are other lantern templates on the internet.  These are just a couple I found with my initial search.




This next photo is one of my favorites!!!


I really like this next one, but the colors and the theme do not really go with the wedding we are planning...  BUT I LIKE THIS ONE TOO!!!



Here is a High Priest Dinner a fellow blog friend did that also gave me a little inspiration....







You know me, I say go GRAND with it and really make the centerpieces something pretty amazing!  Just an idea.  We will see what the family comes up with.  But this is fun stuff!!

Have a great night.  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...