Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Sick Ward

It's official!!  I have a sinus infection and three new medications.  Who knew?  The only medication I am NOT happy about is the steroid.  But we can do this and this infection will go away soon.  

The dog is still sick too.  He won't eat or drink.  So, Danielle is forcing liquids down him with a turkey baster.  The dog seems to be in good spirits and will go outside and wants to go on walks.  He just isn't quite himself.  The not eating is one thing, but this dog usually drinks water like he is a camel, so we know he must be sick.  Today we started him on some medicine that hopefully will do the trick.  Cross your fingers.  

I have been checking out my Easter decorations.  I haven't got anything out yet, but soon.  Hopefully I will be up to getting them out by Friday.  Fun Fun!  I love Spring time and all the Spring flowers.  The weather is glorious and I just love everything about this time of year.  Bring on spring!!!

I've been looking around at new couches.  We need to replace the sectional in our family room.  It is ready to go to sectional heaven and the couch and love seat in our living room is looking a little rough too.  They all just need to be retired.  I like a couch that is a semi circle.  Something very traditional.  I do not want leather in my living room.  Here are a few photos of couches I like not in any particular order.







I saw this one that was tan with a semi-circle table, like a sofa table behind.  The table also had benches underneath each section.  I absolutely love it.  I know it's going to be a while before I find the couch I want.  I am willing to wait to find the one I want.  When I do, you know I will post pictures.  

I found a cool recipe for shaving cream I will have try.  Here is the recipe.


Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream
1/3 Cup Shea butter (72.67 grams)
1/3 Cup virgin Coconut oil (72.05 grams)
1/4 Cup jojoba or sweet almond oil (54.88 grams)
10 drops rosemary essential oil
3-5 drops peppermint essential oil

In a small saucepan over low heat combine the Shea butter and coconut oil, stirring until just melted.  Remove from the heat and transfer to a heat safe bowl.  Add in the jojoba oil and the essential oils.  Stir to mix.

Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill until solid.  Remove from the refrigerator and whip using a hand beater or a electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Spoon into a jar.  Cover the lid with a jar and keep in a cool, dry place.  Makes 8 ounces.

I can't wait to give this a try.  It will be great for summer when dry skin is something we all deal with.  It will be nice for shaving legs.  If you decide to give this recipe a try let me know what you think.  

Quote:  You can't reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterdays junk.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...