Wednesday, March 12, 2014
10 Things I am hoping today....
1) I hope this pain block Kevin is getting today will do the trick and he can get back to a more normal kind of life. I know he feels like his life has been on hold now for a while. They have to "knock Kevin out" for this one because they are going into a place that is very tricky with the needle. If they didn't knock him out and he moved during the procedure it could paralyze him.
2) I hope the elderly man sitting next to us in the lobby today will hear his named called soon. He is driving me nuts. I know, maybe this is how he copes with the thought of getting a pain block. He must be a talker in stressful situations or something. I know Kevin and I are a bit nervous about his pain block today. Even the anesthesiologist commented that they were really "going after" Kevin today.
3) I hope I get a nap sometime today.
4) I hope my children are feeling helpful and will do their chores without complaining.
5) I hope they find that missing plane that took off from Malaysia. I will be keeping those people on that flight in my prayers.
6) I also hope the people in New York that were affected by the explosion that took place this morning will find peace and comfort. My heart goes out to those that lost loved ones in that explosion and I will keep those families in my prayers.
7) I hope Curtis will mow the lawn today. I cannot believe how quickly our lawn is growing lately. Seems like we mow it one day and by the next afternoon it's time to do it again. My front lawn is like a Chia Pet. It grows and grows and grows.
8) I hope my Mom feels better soon. She injured her back recently and fell and broke her arm too.
9) I hope my little sisters have Happy Birthdays. Shelley has a birthday coming up Friday and Susan has a birthday next week on the 21st. Love you both!!!
10) I hope we receive quick answers to recent prayers offered. Kevin needs some peace and comfort from all of the pain he has been dealing with.
9 Things I need to do....
1) I need to call and switch our dentist. We switched insurances last year and just picked a dentist at random. A friend of mine at work has been seeing her dentist, and loves him, for years now and she has the same plan. AND this dentist has evening hours too. It will be nice to not have to take time off work to get the kids, Kevin, and I into the dentist.
2) I need to schedule some eye appointments too. Kevin, Curtis, Lexi, and I need to get our eyes checked again. Curtis and Lexi needs their eyes checked each year and they both need new glasses. I really don't care for our eye doctor. I really can't handle hearing about all the things that could happen to my eyes. It kind of freaks me out a little. His office is too hot too. Last time I was there I nearly pasted out. I ended up laying on the floor in their lobby because I just couldn't shake that feeling. Once I thought I was okay, I got in the drivers seat and started to drive us all home. I didn't get far, though. Kevin had to drive us home. When we got home I went in and went to bed until about 7pm that night. I was a mess! Now I am afraid to have a repeat of that experience if we go back. EEK!
3) I need to start uncluttering a few areas in my home, make a few runs to the dump to drop a few things off, and get some things off to DI too. Spring Cleaning Fever!!!
4) I need to start working on my new little craft project. I have all the stuff I need to get it done, I just can't seem to get started. I don't know what my problem is.
5) I need to watch a video trailer one of the girls at work wanted me to see. It's called Heaven is for Real. It's about a boy and his journey. This friend is a religious woman, but not of our faith. She also said she cried when she watch it. I can't go back to work tomorrow without seeing it. She has been asking if I have watched it for two days now. I keep forgetting to do it.
6) I need to find a time to go visit my sister-in-law, KeriAnne. She has been selling Paparazzi Jewelry for a while now and I just have not had a chance to go see all the cool things she has or host a party since she started. I feel bad, but with Kevin's back and things, it's been rough. She posted some cute headbands on Facebook I would love to see. I've just gotta get over there.
7) I need to decide what to do for Lexi's Coach. She is having a baby shower in a couple of days. Do I do what I always do and whip out a blanket? I have been known to start crocheting a very detailed blanket with lots of parts to put together the night before a shower and have it done by the next day. I am not sure I want to do that this time. I may decide to just pick something up instead. BUT, I've gotta decide soon.
8) I need to help Kyle get his taxes filed. Not to mention file ours too.
9) I need to start getting on the treadmill again. Walking, walking, walking first.
8 People I am Thinking about Today...
1) My nephew Anthony who just returned from his mission. I missed going to the airport to welcome him home because I had to be to work the next day. He came home at midnight. Then I missed going to his Open House too. Kevin wasn't doing too well and I stayed home with him.
2) My grandparents. One night last week I remember praying to my Heavenly Father about all the things the doctor told Kevin about his back condition. I wanted to know how we might handle things if Kevin eventually ended up in a wheelchair. You see, my grandfather lost both of his legs at a fairly young age and spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair. He was pretty amazing. He did everything and went everywhere. I remember playing in his wheelchair as a little girl. He would give me rides in it too. I also remember him driving us everywhere. His car was equipped with hand peddles. Nothing kept him down. And my grandmother! That women was something, let me tell you. She was a docent for a museum in Long Beach, California for many years after my Grandfather passed away. She did a lot of volunteering. She was always busy doing something. She lived to be 94. To this day I do not know how she did it all and never complained. After my prayer I fell asleep quickly but was awakened to the memory of my sweet Grandparents and the still small voice whispering to me, "Remember your Grandparents. They did it, and had a long and happy life, and so will you." How I wish my Grandmother was still with us, so I could talk to her and ask questions.
3) The Patterson Family from our ward. They just up and moved out recently. I remember a while back she asked me if I knew of any property rental companies. Looking back, I think she was looking for a company to take on the rental of their home. Gosh, I wish I would have known they were planning to move. Sure, we will still be Facebook friends, but I will miss seeing them. I will also miss seeing their daughter at the grocery store too. Apparently they moved to Gilbert. Everyone always moved to Gilbert or Queen Creek. Well, Patterson Family, you are missed!!! I hope you enjoy your new home and your new ward. Take care and I will talk to you on Facebook.
4) I am thinking about Vergie Rogers. She would have celebrated her birthday this week, but she passed away not too long ago. This woman was my visiting teacher at one time, and my friend. She was the mother of one of my Beehives. A mother who lost their first born son to a heart condition that eventually caused this Beehive to eventually have a heart transplant, and the same condition that eventually took this mother's life. Vergie was amazing! She could sew like a maniac!! If there was something you needed repaired or made, Vergie could do it. I also remember how hard she worked to keep her kids in line and active in the church. She worked very hard to make sure her son earned his Eagle Scout Award. She was very active in Scouting. She was also right by my side when Lexi had her open heart surgery. What a blessing that was to have her with us through that entire thing, and her daughter to talk with Lexi too. Vergie is missed by all who had the opportunity to meet and get to know her.
5) I am thinking about my sister-in-law, KeriAnne today. Recently they announced that they are expecting their 6th child. I'm sure it is a total surprise to them. How is she doing? How is she feeling? Does she need anything? What can I do to help?
6) Today I am thinking about what to make my family for dinner tonight. I really need to be better about cooking/planning meals to be prepared at home. We spend so much money on yucky fast food these days. It seems like after working all day, I never feel up to cooking. Seems like if I planned a little more we could have healthier meals and save money too.
7) Today I am thinking about how cool it would be to win Publishers Clearing House. You know the contest. The one where you get $7000 a week for life. It doesn't cost a dime to enter and it's fun to think about what we would do with the money. I would buy a home. Pay off our car and trade it in. I would buy new furniture for the living room and family room. I would buy new bedroom sets for each of my children. I would hire someone to handle the pool and all that is needed to keep it clean and in good working order. I would probably quit my job so I could be home with my family. We might even take a family trip to somewhere fun and exciting. We haven't had a family vacation in a very long time.
8) I am thinking about my plans to decorate for Easter, since I totally missed St. Patrick's Day all together. Fun, fun!
7 Things I am Thankful For.....
1) I am thankful for my family. At times they can drive me totally bonkers, but I would be lost without them.
2) My job. I love what I do everyday. I work with some very cool clients and I love that!
3) I am thankful for technology and the ability to access words from our General Authorities anytime, anywhere. I love being able to read conference talks and the scriptures at lunch at work.
4) I am thankful for my inhaler. I am slowly becoming a believer that I have asthma. Slowly.
5) I am thankful for my husband. He is the one that knows me pretty well. I love him.
6) I am thankful for air conditioning. I am really worried about making through this summer. I have noticed in my old age that I really do not like the heat anymore. How did the Pioneers handle it long before they had air conditioning. Can you imagine living in the cool Utah Valley and being asked by your Prophet to move to the hot dessert of Arizona? Imagine how those women must have felt. Do you think they thought of it as a great adventure? Leaving their family and friends not knowing if they would ever see them again. Did they regret their decision once they arrived in Arizona? How did they make it through those hot summers without air conditioning? What a blessing it is to have air conditioning.
7) I am thankful Downy Spray. Have you ever used that stuff? It's is awesome. It's meant to be used instead of an iron, but I sometimes use it to spray on my clothes as I am ironing. I love it!!! It takes wrinkles out of just about anything and it smells wonderful. If you haven't given it a try, you should.
6 Random Thoughts....
1) I lost 14 pounds. I gained a little weight with being on the steroids for my asthma, which did not make me very happy. Well, as of this morning, I have officially lost 14 pounds. I've been doing this little program that basically promises that you will lose 1 pound a day. It has lived up to that promise since I started it. Now I just need to keep it up and drink more water and start exercising more. Wish me luck.
2) I am loving my hair since I got it cut again. It was getting pretty long and I could even put it in a little tiny ponytail. It looked horrible, but that was all I could handle when I was still not feeling well. I love that I can straighten my hair now and it looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!!! I use to watch Danielle and Lexi straighten their hair and think, I will never use that thing. HA! Look at me now!
3) I am thinking about signing Lexi up for piano lessons. One of the volleyball mothers teaches piano from her home and happens to be a member of another ward in our stake. Lexi is really loving having the keyboard in our home and I think she would really enjoy the lessons. I thought Curtis might enjoy lessons too, but apparently not. He doesn't want them. Oh well. I need to call and set it up fast.
4) We have met our insurance deductible this year all ready! In fact, we met it in mid February. Can you believe that? I can't. I'm still in shock over that.
5) My show is on tonight!!! I love Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturday nights!!! :) (And Mondays and Tuesdays too.)
6) I saw something on Pinterest that said never buy packaged taco seasoning because it contains silica and something else. So, I will be making my own from now on. I don't want my family eating that stuff.
7) I keep getting this call from a 209 area code, but I never take it. Do you think it could be from someone wanting to set up a time to drop off my machine for my breathing treatments. I have the medicine, but no machine. Time to call the doctor's office.
5 Things on my Agenda Today....
1) YARD WORK!!!
3) Cleaning the rest of the house
4) Cleaning out my car
5) Dinner tonight
I kept it light today because of Kevin's procedure. I didn't know how he would be after.
4 Words to Describe This Morning...
3) Odd, because of the elderly man in the doctor's office
4) The Adams Family. The doctor Kevin sees for his back reminds us of one of the characters from that series. Just his mannerisms. He is a very cool doctor, don't get me wrong. It's just funny to watch him walk around his office. You have to see it to understand. I wish I had a video or something to show you.
3 Things I am Reminding Myself to do...
1) Remember your schedule changed at work. Set your alarm accordingly.
2) Remember lunch money for the younger kids for tomorrow. I seem to always forget these days.
3) Remember Danielle will be out of town this weekend. Don't forget.
2 Things I want to do this weekend...
1) Finish Cleaning the house
2) Remind Curtis that he has a talk to give in Sacrament this Sunday.
1 more thing...
Get out my new craft things and get to work.