- Funny thing!! Since I have been on this new "program" I am feeling really good. In fact, I jumped on the treadmill last night just to see if I would have trouble or not. Nothing! So, I was on it for a mile this morning too. Tonight I plan to jump on the elliptical too. Then I will build up from there. I have been trying out this new program of eating healthier, drinking more water, and exercising. So far it's working quite nicely. As I mentioned in an earlier post last week, I lost 14 pounds. Today, it's 15 pounds now. I do have to thank my friend Tiana Fraze for inspiring me and for what she said about her asthma. A few weeks ago I thought I would never be able to exercise or do cardio. That isn't the case, I just need to work up to it. Love that! Thank you Tiana! I really appreciate all of your enthusiasm and the example you have set for me. I don't know if you realize this or not, but you have inspired me. Thanks again for all you do. We sure miss you around here. She recently moved to Texas. Wish you were still here, but we know you are exactly where you need to be. I love her!! She is awesome!
- I am missing Danielle today. I can't even reach her by phone which is frustrating. It feels like something is missing. Like everything is on hold until Sunday night. I don't even know if she realizes how much we enjoy having her around? In fact, we feel this way each time one of our children are away from home. Funny how that happens. I think planned on shutting off her cell phone, which is fine. She needed a couple of days to have fun. I think Kevin and I were harder on her leaving for 3 days then we when we were when she left for girls camp, or when the boys went to Football Camp. I'm not sure why that is. I think it's because she is a young lady and frankly, I have watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds or Law and Order. I just do not want anything bad to happen to her or her friend. Let's hope she returns home safely.
- Kevin is planning on going to church tomorrow. Curtis will be speaking in Sacrament, but more importantly, Kevin has some Priesthood duties to attend to after church. Curtis and Lexi have been asked to do some things. Lexi has been doing her thing for a while now, she just needs to be set apart. Curtis just got his new responsibility and I really shouldn't share this until after the announcement tomorrow. BUT, I am excited for both of them. I promise more details tomorrow about their new responsibilities and what Curtis had to say when he speaks. Here's hoping Kevin still feels up to attending church tomorrow.
- The kids are home for Spring Break next week. Time to start some spring cleaning. Little do they know what I have in store for them. Rooms completely clean! Closets de-junked, and old worn and clothing that is too small can either get thrown away or given away. Don't get me wrong, I have a few places of my own to clean up and de-junk. We need the whole family to get involved in order for this to really come together the way I would like it to. If this happens, it will be the makings of a very happy Mom.
- I've been reading up on some new craft techniques lately. I am anxious to give them a try. If all goes well, I might take a few classes at the Mesa Arts Center next season. They offer some really cool classes. Welding, Glass Blowing, Jewelry Making, Pottery, Painting, Drawing, and a lot of other things. I know I missed a few. I want to take some jewelry making classes. This would be the perfect time. I don't have a calling at church, work is a little slower now, and Kevin is holding his own. (Crossing my fingers he keeps improving. I know he will still need to make some adjustments but lets hope the worst is over.) I just hope they have some night classes available. I looked up their schedule online, but it seems to have missed the deadline for Spring. Bummer! I'll have to watch for Summer listings and if that doesn't work Fall listings. Wish me luck.
- Next week is going to be interesting. Kevin has an important doctor's appointment and a meeting on Friday to get to. I have been doing my work and a co-workers work while they have been away on sabbatical for about 6 weeks. This week this co-worker returns. The extra work hasn't been too bad. In fact, I'm a little worried what I am going to do once he returns. I still have 50 firms I work with on a regular basis. Time to review and get busy. I know what to do. This will be a good thing. Chin up and make it happen.
QUOTE: May the good times and treasures of the present become your golden memories for tomorrow.