Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Life is GOOD!!!

The Minecraft FHE  is underway!  Two of the teams have built their structure.  We have one to go.  We had to do it in segments because of homework and volleyball practice last night.  Tonight is Mutual Night, so we will finish this, hopefully, tomorrow night.  Then we can post the photos for all to see.  I wish we could have got it all done in one night but sometimes it's not about when you have FHE, but just that it happens.  More on that maybe Friday or Saturday.


My husband asked me an interesting question the other day.  He asked me what kind of people do you want our adult and almost adult children to associate with?  Then he started naming off some scenarios like....
Would you want your children associating with someone who has had unwed pregnancies?  
Would you want your children associating with someone who has had an affair with a married person?
What about someone who has been ex-communicated from the church and wants nothing to do with the church, and even speaks ill of the church?
What about someone who has committed a crime?
OR someone who does drugs?

As I am typing this I want to say absolutely NO!  I don't want my children associating with people who have made bad choices.  Especially my younger children.  Especially Lexi, my youngest.  Especially that first question.  NO, I do not want her associating with someone who is not married and pregnant.  A teen mother or otherwise.  BUT!!!  Is this attitude realistic?  Can I place each one of my children in a bubble and expect them to not come in contact with people like this?  Of course not!  BUT, I can do my very best to ensure that they associate with those people who try to make good choices, especially when it comes to things that matter.  AND, how do we do that?  How do we really know that the people we associate with have made good choices.  Honestly, sometimes you really cannot know that for sure.  What I can do, however, is make sure my children (no matter what their age) are making right choices.  How do we do this?  As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are given the instructions on how to live.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is quite a gift, if I do say so myself!  What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives.
I have never felt more appreciation for the teachings, precepts, commandments, and covenants the gospel has brought into my life more than over the past few days.  Not to mention the blessings of having a good husband and father standing at the head of our family.  A man who honors his Priesthood as he strives to teach correct principles to our children and to me.  Even though my husband has been dealing with his back issues and has not quite been himself or able to do the things he has wanted to do.  OR..... has spent a lot of time in bed.  This man is nothing short of amazing to me!!!  Even though he may be down and at times I feel somewhat alone, he is still very much involved in the daily activities, teaching, training, counselling, and protecting of our precious children.  AND he is still very much involved in doing the same for me.  Kevin took a situation that I was stressing over and completely had me look at it from a different point of view.  When I did that, it completely changed my perspective of a situation and now I am not stressed at all.  Now, more than ever, I am very grateful for the situation we are in, and the blessings we have been given.  As well as the blessings my children bring into our lives and the choices they have made thus far in their lives.

I love my husband!!!  He can be an ornery, stubborn man, but then again, I can be ornery and stubborn too...just ask him or my children.  I love that he is still inspired by the Holy Ghost to know what to say that will help our family.  Especially when he may be ill himself.  That knowledge speaks volumes to me about the sacred responsibilities and duties of a righteous father and husband.  For a while I have felt alone in many ways.  Lately more than ever in the parenting department because Kevin just simply hasn't been up to dealing with things.  BUT, I know now that he is still very much involved.  Even if I have to take the wheel once in a while.  He is still the one that is entitled to divine inspiration and revelation from our Heavenly Father for all things related to this family!!! AND THAT IS A VERY GOOD THING!!!  That knowledge makes me feel like the luckiest woman alive!!!  AND it reminds me how important it is for couples to be married in the temple and sealed together for time and all eternity.  Those sealing ordinances are very sacred and I know that it is because of those choices Kevin and I made at the start of our relationship to be sealed together, that these things can and do happen.  I love that!!!  Why would anyone NOT want to have this wonderful gift in their marriage?  

Explaining this to someone that does not understand the concept of eternal marriage might be  like, explaining what salt tastes like to someone who have never tried salt.  Until you experience this, you will never really know what it is that you have been missing!  Kevin and I have our trials and our difficulties, that is for sure.  But I would not trade those trials and difficulties for anything!  Life is wonderful!!  

Kevin had the last, in a series of 3, pain blocks today.  He is resting right now and we are hopeful that this will take care of most of his discomfort.  We know the pain will never completely go away.  They were trying to get into one particular area with this last shot. OR jump on it, as the doctor said.  That man cracks me up!  He would make you laugh too, if you saw him and talked to him a little bit.  

Do you remember when I shared a clip of a movie coming out around Easter called Heaven is for Real?  Remember me telling you about that co-worker that was really excited to have me watch the trailer?  Well, I totally forgot to share this with you.  I went back to work and told her I had watched the trailer.  Then I said what the boy was talking about is exactly what we as Mormon's believe.  Then with a little attitude she said, oh, well.  I know.  I just thought the movie kind of brought it to real life for you.  Especially when you read all the ancient stuff in the bible.  This movie clip kind of put it into perspective.  Which is true.  She is right.  But, when she kind of gave me a little attitude I didn't want to push it.  I know that if there is contention the true teacher, the Spirit, will leave.  I didn't want to get into that kind of situation, so I just let it go.  The whole thing was kind of a let down, to be honest.  I was so excited to share, but she was not ready to hear what I had to say.  So, maybe I will have the chance to share more at another time?

Another one of the girls in our ward is getting married soon.  We worked on her flowers a while ago but I need to finalize things for her.  So, I will be checking her bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids, the corsages for the mothers and grandmothers, and all the boutonnieres for the groom, groomsmen and fathers and grandfathers.  She gets married in the middle of April with a reception the first weekend of May.  A SPRING WEDDING!!! Yeah!!  I love this time of year.  The weather is perfect and the colors are amazing!  I won't post the photo's of the flowers until after the wedding, out of respect for the bride.  The bride needs to be the first to share everything about her wedding day.  Not anyone else.  But I cannot wait!  

I had an interesting conversation with Curtis the other day.  As you know, he is a Senior in High School.  Here in Arizona it is a requirement to take Government and Economics your senior year.  So, Curtis has been taking these classes.  Yesterday and the day before he came home all excited to share with me some of the things he learned about the stock market, common and preferred stock.  We talked about stock splits and reverse stock splits.  Then we talked about the New York Stock Exchange and how you get a seat on the exchange.  Then he told me what he learned about why they call it a bull or bear market.  It was fun to hear my son tell me all about what he was learning.  Things that are just the basics of what I do every day at work.  It makes me proud to hear him get excited about what he has learned.  Keep in mind, Curtis does this will everything he learns.  That is just what he likes to do.  It's pretty cool.  It was just a little more personal to me when we talked about what he was learning in his Economics class.  Love it!  Life is good.  Life is REALLY good!! 

Quote:  Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...