Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Life at the Schmidt House

Spring Break has been a little hard on me.  I'm home sick with some kind of stomach stuff and the kids are all over the place.  There are staying up late, waking up early, and they need something from me every few minutes.  We have plenty to do around here, it's not like they are bored. I guess we will just have to keep them busy and try to include some fun stuff each day for them to do.  (Games and/or movies)  I wish we could take a family vacation, but it would have to be something quick over the weekend, if at all.  They need something like that.  We all need something like that.   It's been to long since we have had a vacation together and before long, Curtis will be leaving on his mission and the two older kids.....who knows what they have in store for us in the near future???  I know I shouldn't complain, because I know there will come a time when I will miss this.  Believe me, I love my kids.  I am just not feeling very well these past couple of days and want to rest but they won't let me.  Crazy kids. Let's have a little fun with photos.  
(I'm pulling out the fun photos of my kids tonight.  Curtis shaving. HA HA!  Gotta love it!)
(My crazy girls!)
Kyle looking cool

Curtis sleeping

Curtis being silly

Curtis doing a handstand in our front yard.  I'm not sure what Lexi was doing.

I think Curtis is trying to break dance.

My boys being silly again.

Curtis being silly

Curtis being silly

The boys in their morph suits.

Danielle looking a little bizarre!!!

My boys wrestling on the couch in the family room.

Could I have what the dog has?  Is that even possible?  That's right, the dog is still sick.  He seems a little better, but he refuses to eat or drink.  He will drink when Danielle forces liquids down him.  There are moments when he seems himself and then there are moments when he is acting weird.  Like this afternoon he came in the family room where I was and put his head on the couch while standing up.  Then I caught the dog just starring at the wall too.  This is totally not like this dog because he is always busy checking things out.  I just hope he didn't eat something he shouldn't have or that our odd neighbor didn't throw something over the fence that he ate.  I am glad Danielle is home this week to be able to take care of her dog though. 
The other sicky.

Lexi had Volleyball practice today.  She came home worn out with a migraine.  Gotta love it.  I think the heat is getting to all of us or something.  ARG!  She has another tournament on Saturday.  So, we will be gone until at least 3 p.m. that day.  Hopefully the girls will win and we will be able to go home early.  We have family coming in from Utah for my nephew's Welcome Home Talk in Sacrament this Sunday.  I always wish we had more time with the "Utah Schmidt's" but you know how that goes.  Especially when everyone needs to get back to work as quickly as possible.  Anyway, they really won't be here to see us.  They will be here to see Anthony and his family, which we totally understand.  We will just be along for the ride.  

I'm hoping I start to feel a little better soon in the next couple of days so I can get my Easter decorations up out front.  That should be fun.  I need to start getting everything out so I can figure out what I want to use of what I all ready have, and what I need to pick up.  BUT first, clean, clean, clean we must.  I don't dare get the decorations out until that is done.  

I've been running through my recipes again looking for something new or something we haven't had in a while.  I found this that I will be making soon.   We make these every once in a while and my family loves them.  I buy the packaged meatballs and put them in a crock pot with this over the top.

Cranberry-Orange Meatballs
1 Cup BBQ Sauce  (any will do, but we prefer the Bill Johnson's yellow label)
1/2 Cup Cranberry-Orange Sauce
1/2 teas. ground mustard
1/2 teas. ground ginger
1/2 teas. salt
2 pkg. (16 ounce) frozen meatballs
2 Tbsp. Chopped parsley

When I can't find cranberry-orange sauce I substitute with cranberry juice and orange juice.  The sauce seems to be a little more liquid like, but it still tastes good.  You should give them a try or keep these in mind for your next party.  They will be a big hit, I promise. 

Quote:  In the blink of an eye, everything can change.  So forgive often and love with all your heart.  You may never have that chance again. 

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...