Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lazy Saturdays! Gotta love it!!!

I woke up with all kinds of good intentions.  I envisioned my boys working on the lawn while us girls worked on the inside.  Well, at about 9:00 a.m. we got a call from my mother-in-law asking for one of the boys to go with her to the store to pick up dog food.  So, Curtis went with her.  He was only gone for about 2 hours.  No big deal.  BUT, my lawn never got cut or the fertilizer spread and the weeds sprayed.  We need a sprayer and a spreader from what I am told.  So, Monday or Tuesday, hopefully, that will get done.  (I and crossing my fingers and my toes.)  It will get done.  We are just experiencing a little set back.  No big deal.

We got a lot done in the house.  I still have more I want to get done.  It just takes time.  We had some errands to run and some things to pick up.  It's hard with Kevin not being up to his old self.  He seems to be able to get the kids to help out better than I can.  I am not proud to admit that, but at the same time, I am glad they don't think of me as some mean and nasty mother either.  I have witnessed some of those mothers.  

I picked up Kevin's prescriptions today.  I guess Kevin filed a complaint on the Walgreen's website.  He was not in a good way.  I can tell when he starts to pace around the house and then ends up outside just trying to keep busy with the pain.  That's when I know he is not in a good way.  OR when I hear him wake up about fifty times in the middle of the night.  Thank goodness he didn't run out of his medicine or have to go into the hospital for it.  That is never any fun.  The Pharmacist apologized again when I picked up his medicine.  She was very nice and has always been.  I don't totally blame her.  Yes, someone in that pharmacy mixed up the number of prescriptions we were trying to pick up, but once that got corrected, we were good to go.

Anyway, we need to get to bed.  Church starts pretty early in the morning.  :)

Oh, before I forget.  A blog friend posted this recipe on her blog and it looks pretty good.  I haven't tried it yet.  But, I will!!  Give it a shot.  She said it absolutely wonderful and she has baked several loaves since she got the recipe.  Anyway, just thought I would share it.

Sour Cream Banana Bread
Out in blender:
2 or 3 bananas (my blog friend did three large ones)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup margarine

Mix in a bowl:
1 /2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup walnuts (optional, my blog friend added them)

Mix dry ingredients with blended ingredients (in a bowl). Bake in a greased pan for 
60 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  (My blog friend says to leave it in a tad longer.)
Enjoy!!!


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...