Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring. .

Last night Lexi and Curtis were at a Stake Youth Conference.  It was weird not having them here with us.  Today. hey go back at 7:30am for more fun.   All of their activities have had to be inside since we were expecting rain this weekend.  This morning we got a few drops.  Just enough to make mud out of the dust all ready on my car.  I'm hoping it rains a lot more sometime today. 
I love it when it really rains here.  Ithings a much fun to open the windows and the doors and hear and smell the rain through the screens and security doors.  Then if we are lucky enough to have a bit of chill in the air it is glorious!  It makes me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and read a book while watching the rain come down.  Love that!!!  To bad that doesn't happen very often on the days I am home from work.  But maybe we will get lucky today.  Cross your fingers and toes.
I think Kyle has weight lifting practice this morning.  He was invited to work out with the Olympic Weight Lifting Coach several months ago and has been working with him ever since.  This is the coach that trained Sarah Robles, also from Arizona, who competed in the 2012 Olympics in London.  So Kyle is with the right group to train.  Kyle has a state competition coming up in April we will all go to.  It will be good to watch him in action.  We hope Kyle reaches his goal.  Go Kyle!
Danielle will be making jewelry, filling her orders, and doing research for a paper she needs to write for school.  We are off to pick up a few things so she can print out her paper when she gets it done and a few other things.
Kevin will be taking it easy today.  He has been a little out of control these days.  He cleaned the pool Wednesday.  He mowed the lawn yesterday.  Now I think he is very sore and needs to take it easy for a bit.  Crazy man.
I need to get busy and clean a little.  I would like to get a haircut today.  I've been contemplating letting my hair grow again.  I like being able to put it up in a ponytail once in a while, but then I like keeping it short too.  I'm torn.  What to do, what to do. 
We have rain this afternoon!!!!  At first it was just a drizzle.  We got wet buy not enough to say we got rain.    
See everything is wet in the photos above but no one is wearing a coat or even using an umbrella.  Until....

Love it!!!  We have rain!!!!  We even have a severe thunderstorm warning.  That means we are actually getting what we all call rain.  Yeah!!!

Tonight we will be watching the Cultural Celebration broadcasted from Gilbert.  Tomorrow the Prophet will be here to dedicate the Gilbert Temple.  Exciting times!  I wish we were in that stake.  Then when they dedicate the Phoenix Temple I will wish I was in that stake too.
Eventually we might get to have the same kind of thing here in Mesa too.  Not a new temple but maybe a re-dedication.  

It's raining again.  Lexi and Curtis are home for a little bit.  They go back at 5:30pm for dinner and a dance.   This is a busy weekend for these kids, but its good for them.

Outside we can still hear the sound of rain falling and it's 8:30pm.  I have the windows open and it is nice and cool out.  This is my favorite weather.

Have you ever gone through some things in your life that have been completely out of left field?  Felt betrayed?  But through it all you come to know, without a doubt, that there are certain things that you MUST do.  Things that to the rest of the world may not seem very logical.  Things you know to be the right.  Things you have been  commanded to do.  Today is one of those days.  Today is a day that has confirmed a few things I know should be happening on a regular basis.  It might be considered a leap of faith.  Doing these things might be hard at first.  I know I am in a rut.  But I do know by doing these things will be my best defense to certain things, will bring me peace, allow me to become closer to my Heavenly Father, and ultimately bring blessings.  One step at a time.  

QUOTE:  The knowlegde which we seek, tge answers for which we yearn, and the strength which we desire today to meet the challenges of a complex and changing world can be ours when we willingly obey the Lord's commandments.

-President Thomas S Monson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...