Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Green Day!!!


Today should be a fun day since it's St. Patrick's Day (hence the reason for the green print), but I am home from work today with some kind of stomach stuff.  YUCK!  Even the dog is sick today.  Danielle's dog is under the weather with something too.  It all started for him at about 7 p.m. last night, after she got home from her trip.  I thought it might be his way of letting her know he was upset that she left him.  But I'm not sure.  AND is it possible for the dog and I to have the same thing?  

A while back I bought some clay from the craft store.  I had been planning on trying to work with it a bit (it had been weeks), but finally this weekend I got it out.  It was a lot of fun.  I will have to share some photos of the things I made, but before I do, I need to get some paint or dusting powder to get the color I want.  It's fun.  I love it.  I think I could really get into this stuff.  I'll post some picks when I get done with what I have made.

I helped Kyle file his taxes this weekend and I got busy and started on ours too.  I usually never file until right around April 15th because we always end up owing one or the other and I would prefer the money to remain in my account as long as possible.  BUT, I decided to check out where we stood this year.  So far so good, we don't owe either one yet, but I haven't finalized everything yet.  I'm still gonna wait a bit.


Yesterday was a great day!  Curtis did an awesome job with his talk.  I love that my kids do not need my help anymore writing their talks.  I think it means more to them when they are able to work with their Heavenly Father to decide what would be best to share whenever they speak. Not to mention the fact that I love that they pray for the inspiration and receive personal revelation each time they prepare a talk.  It's an awesome thing.  In fact, I love that part of preparing anything like a talk or a lesson.  I just hope my children never forget to make that their first place to do whenever they have something to prepare like this.  There is nothing like that experience.  It confirms to me, each and every time, that my Heavenly Father is very much aware of me and my circumstances.  It also confirms to me that this is our Saviors church and He wants to be involved in every detail especially the words that are spoken for and in His behalf, especially during Sacrament Meeting.  

After Sacrament Meeting I brought Kevin home.  He is working his was back to sitting in meetings like that slowly.  When church was almost over Kevin and I went back because Curtis was going to be set apart as the 2nd Assistant to the Bishop.  But before that happened our Young Women's President came up all excited saying Lexi had played the piano in their meetings.  Lexi has been teaching herself to play the hymns.  She hasn't taken a lesson and she is doing pretty well.  Her first time playing was in Seminary, now Young Women's.  The leaders were thrilled because the one girl they have that can play will be leaving soon.  She is a Laurel and will graduate soon.  The Young Women's President plays but she didn't want to do it every Sunday, so she made a deal with Lexi to have her do it every other Sunday.  Lexi found that out when she was at BYC Meeting.  Lexi is the Mia Maid President right now.  So, she could be playing the piano for a couple of years if things work out.  Frankly, I am thrilled too.  I think she has a natural ability to play and she should keep working on this talent.  One of the Volleyball Mother's we know teaches piano out of her home, and she just happens to be in our stake.  Her rates are very reasonable and I think I will have to sign Lexi up soon.  Curtis doesn't want to take lessons.  Curtis is the one that has been helping Lexi a lot too.  I think that boy is a natural teacher and he just doesn't know it yet. I am proud of both of my younger two kids.  They are awesome!!!


Over the past several months I have had the chance to review a few things in my life.  Choices I've made that caused me to ponder my options over and over and eventually take them to the Lord.  Some choices seemed very small back in the day, but looking back they turned out to be some of the ones that have been on my mind the most.  I remember when my parents moved us back to Arizona during the summer between my Junior and Senior years of High School.  I was so upset pretty at first, but eventually that went away.  I made some friends with some people in my ward.  They were awesome.  They even made sure I was registered for classes for my Senior year, which was amazing.  For some reason I couldn't get down to the school myself to get registered, I can't even remember why.  We spent a lot of time together as a group, and even went to a young adult dance or two together.  In fact, I met Kevin at that first dance. Eventually one of the girls of the group got mad at me and all of us stopped being friends. All of a sudden, I started missing my friends in California all over again.  

After a while, I started hanging out with some other kids at school.  Yes, other LDS kids.  I met my friend Susan during that time and we became good friends.  I also met a girl named Joy and we became pretty good friends too.  Joy's family was in the process of building a new house.  Once her family moved into their new house, she invited me over to spend the night.  Little did I know where that house was, at the time.  As it turns out, her new house just happened to be in the same ward Kevin lived in.  In fact, it is also a street or two down from our stake center now, but in a different ward.  Silvergate Park Ward now.  I found this out when I showed up at her house and she happened to be on the phone with my future husband, Kevin.  He was calling to get my phone number.  And the rest is history from there.  Kevin and I dated a couple of times and then a few more times, and then a few more.  Before his mission he let me know he wanted me to be around when he got home, but he gave me permission to date while he was away.  Little did I know, he really didn't want me to date at all.  (Why didn't he just say so???)

If I never would have made the decision to go to Joy's house, and if she didn't have my phone number, things might not have turned out the way they did. I am happy the way things turned out.  I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for my children.  I love my husband!  So, the moral of this story is, the choices you make, even the smallest decisions do matter.  They can make a difference and they can be life changing.  Oh and, about the kids from my ward, we did make up and we did become friends again.  In fact I am still friends with a few of those people on Facebook, and Susan too.  The odd thing is, I am not friends with Joy.  In fact, I have no idea where she is.  Funny how that worked out.  You see, right after they built that house, her family moved to California.  Maybe someday I will find her.  I would love to find out what she has been up to and let her know what her influence helped to put together.  (Kevin and I)  

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.  May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
                                                           -Irish Blessing
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...