Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Fun

In the early hours of this morning it happened.  He came home!  Elder Anthony Schmidt arrived home from Russia safe and sound.  His parents, all of his sisters and their families, his grandmother, I think his Aunt Becky, My husband and our two boys were at the airport to greet him.  Exciting Times!!!  There is nothing more thrilling than to have a son worthy to serve a full-time mission, and there is nothing sweeter than that moment when they finally come home.  Anthony has been missed, but we wouldn't have had him any other place than serving the people of the Moscow, Russia Mission.  He was exactly where the Lord wanted him. I for one cannot wait to hear all of the stories he will share as he settles in at home and starts speaking English again.  I do regret NOT being able to be at the airport at midnight to welcome Anthony home.  I had to get to work today, so did Danielle, and Lexi would have never made it to school today if she would have went.  Tonight his parents are hosting an Open House at their home and we will be there.  Exciting times!!  Congratulations Anthony!  AND Congratulations Mom and Dad too.  I think Mom and Dad deserve a pat on the back for all their hard work in raising such a fine young man!!!

It won't be much longer and we will all meet again to say goodbye to our son, Curtis.  He will be leaving on his mission soon.  We still have a lot to do to get him ready.  It seems like we are always behind schedule or a little slower than the rest of the crowd of young men preparing to serve missions.  It felt that way when Kyle was leaving and I feel it now too.  It seems like we just have more obstacles to hurdle than the rest.  As parents it makes me wonder if that is our fault or not.  I guess it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  What is important is that Curtis serve a mission.  Period, and that's that!

On a different note....Recently I shared some things with a friend and I thought this person knew I was joking about most of the things I said.  As it turns out this person went to someone else with the things I said.  This of course, escalated and caused all kinds of grief for me.  As you can probably expect, I was not very happy about this---at all!  In fact, I was so frustrated over the situation that I had decided to stop sharing anything with this person again.  Then something happened.  Yesterday when I ran into that person again this scripture ran through my mind..."I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men."  D&C :10
  I am not kidding, a complete change of heart came over me as that scripture replayed in my mind over and over again.  Now I could tell this person knew I knew what she had done.  She wouldn't even talk to me.  Not even a simple hello.  At that point I knew I had to let her know, without discussing the situation, that I had let it go.  I just asked her about her grand kids and struck up a conversation that way.  After that, all was good and I felt better about the whole thing too.  Now, don't get me wrong, I haven't forgot about what happened, but I will say I am not as upset about what happened anymore.  

Tomorrow is another Volleyball Tournament for Lexi.  One of the directors where I work has a daughter that plays club volleyball too.  We played their team at the last tournament.  Today he came over to my desk and asked me if we were ready for tomorrow.  We are the #2 team in our division, and their team is #3.  So, we will play them again tomorrow.  Hopefully all the girls show up and get to play.  We need everyone, the entire team.

Lexi has received some very interesting invitations over the past couple of weeks.  She was invited to two Volleyball Camps in Pennsylvania, one in Long Beach, CA., and the one today was for Brown University in Rhode Island.  Pretty cool, right?

Monday I start my new schedule.  We change schedules with daylight savings time so we can be available for all of our clients.  Monday my schedule will move back an hour.  Meaning I will leave for work earlier and be home earlier, which will be nice.  I also found a faster route home so I am home in the same amount of time it took when I worked the super early shift, which is also very nice.  So, if all goes well after the time change, I should be home super fast and that is a good thing.  Now all I need to do, is remember to set the alarm earlier for Monday morning.  Wish me luck.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...