Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Few!!


1) Our Minecraft FHE has turned into a week long event.  We are still working to get our last entry completed so we can share all of them.  Hopefully tomorrow.  I'm crossing my fingers.

2) It's been a few days since we lost Butkus the dog and it is still hard.  I think the hardest part had been watching our other dog adjust to being the only dog.  The morning after Butkus passed away the other dog went outside, sat down next to the grave for Butkus, sniffed the ground and began to howl.  We have never heard that dog actually howl.  Danielle said it was the saddest thing she has ever seen.  Now whenever he goes outside, he will not walk across the grave.  He walks around it.  Isn't it interesting that a dog can show respect for his friend in such a simple way.  We miss our friend.  (I'm trying to hold back the tears.)  That darn dog!!  He was pretty cool.  I just wish we had more time with him.

3) I hope tomorrow will be a very productive day.  The front yard needs to be cleaned up and mowed.  I have some things to do inside the house.  Laundry is always piled up.  I can handle getting the loads to the washer, to the dryer, and even on hangers.  It's the folding the laundry that I hate.  I just do not like that task.  I would take doing dishes, cleaning toilets or scrubbing floors on my hands and knees before I would take folding clothes.  It's just a chore I do not like.  I don't know why.  Believe me, I love fresh, clean clothes, in neatly folded piles.  I just don't want to be the one creating the piles.  I want to start getting more organized around here.  I know I can.  It's just the getting started that holds me back.  You know how that goes.

4) Kyle has a busy weekend coming up.  Thursday night Kyle is leaving to drive up to Utah for his mission reunion.  Kyle is riding up with one of the other missionaries and staying at his families home.  Then Saturday Kyle will be flying home so he can make it to his weight lifting competition Saturday night.  We think he is a little crazy trying to compete after his trip to Utah, but Kyle wants to try. So, we will see how it goes.  Wish him luck.

5) Kevin had to turn in some refills for prescriptions he has been taking since his surgery last August.  Let me tell you, that who process is a nightmare!!!  Kevin is almost out of the medicine and his pain level is at an 8.  (You know how they always want you to rate your pain.  0 being no pain at all, and 10 being the absolute worst pain you have ever felt.)  So, we dropped prescriptions off at 5:00 p.m. today.  Then we called to find out if they were done.  The lady that answered the phone said they would be ready by 7:00 p.m.  So, I was at the pharmacy at 7:20 p.m., and the scripts were not done!  Do you know how frustrating that whole process or procedure is?  I am so mad at the people that abused these drugs so people who really need and rely on them cannot get them when they need them.  It sucks!!  I told the pharmacy tech that if we ended up in the Emergency Room for pain control this weekend, I was going to send the bill the Walgreen's.  I know I raved about Walgreen's in a previous post around January, but I have been up since 4:00 a.m. and I am tired and this has been a wild week.  I cannot deal with a husband in pain and he shouldn't have to suffer either.  That whole thing just makes me crazy.  ARG!!

6) On a happier note....Kevin had the last of a series of 3 pain blocks Wednesday.  When Kevin saw the doctor he said, cross your fingers and your toes, and then touch your nose, that this last block will do the trick.  If not, we will see you again soon.  That man just makes me laugh.  Danielle said the last time she was in his office he came in singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.  He must have little kids.

7) No Volleyball Tournaments for the next couple of weeks.  Good thing!  I don't know what we would have done if there was one next weekend with Kyle's competition that weekend too.  So glad it worked out.  BUT, the girls do have one more tournament before the club season ends and/or they end up at the regional competition.  We will see.


8) I cannot wait for General Conference!!!  I absolutely LOVE hearing the prophet speak and his counselors.  I also love hearing the Quorum of the Twelve speak too.  There is nothing like it!!!  More on that later.

9 & 10)It's late and I need to get some sleep.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  AND Thank you for all your kind words and tips.  I really appreciate that.  We are truly blessed to have great friends and family around.  There is nothing better than that!!!  LOVE IT!!!



Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...