With April Fool's Day quickly approaching I thought it would be fun to come up with 10 things you could do on that day to trick people. Now keep in mind, I asked the members of my family to share some of their best ideas too. Here goes....
1) Swap the signs on the men's and ladies' restrooms
2) Bring multiple sets of clothes to work and change every hour and act like nothings different.
3) Conference call two people then don't say anything, just listen.
4) Place a For Sale sign on your local church or school with your Bishop or Principal's phone number on the sign. (My husband did this one, but not for April Fool's Day. He put the sign on the Barkley Building in our stake. The next Sunday morning he got a call from his father, who happened to be a member of the Bishopric at the time, demanding that he meet with the Bishop that morning.)
5) Leave cryptic notes warning someone of an impending prank, then do nothing all day.
6) Instead of going to someone house to tee pee the entire thing, leave one square of toilet paper under a rock. (We had a few couples over to our home to play card games one night. While the couples were at our house, my husband snuck over to their yard and left one piece of toilet paper under a rock. Later that night, the couple and my husband were on the couples front porch talking. All the couple could say is, "Who did this? People think this is funny!" To this day I don't think the couple know it was Kevin.)
7) Water cup your school. You place cups of water or Kool-aid all around. It makes a big mess. (This was a Curtis idea. Watch our Mesa High)
8) Replace Oreo cream-filling with toothpaste and offer one to someone.
9) Put blue gaterade in a Windex bottle and squirt it into your mouth.
10) Plastic wrap a toilet seat.
11) Glue all the eggs into the carton
12) Put an ad in the paper for a garage sale at someone's house beginning at 6 a.m. (My husband threatened to add a flyer in the program at church on Sunday for a couple of families that put feminine hygiene products all over his car early one Sunday morning. He had to drive to the church with them all over his car for his early meetings. Kevin told the family that he would have the ward drop off their unwanted items for some upcoming rummage sale on this families front porch/yard. He told them that they always made it to church just before Sacrament began so there would be nothing they could do about it.)
13) Place a pair of pants and shoes inside a toilet stall in a rest room to make it appear someone is using it all day.
14) Tape magnets to the bottom of a cup, put it on the roof of your car and drive around.
15) Hide an alarm clock in someone's bedroom and set it for 3:00 a.m.
16) Paint a bar of soap completely with clear nail polish so it won't suds up.
17) Add food coloring to milk that comes in a cardboard container.
18) Switch around random keys on someone's computer who is not a very good typist.
19) Place a small piece of Post-it note over the ball under someone's computer mouse so that it won't work
20) Put food coloring in the hand soap dispenser.
So, there are a few ideas to get you started. If you come up with other ideas, let us know so we can add them to the list.