Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A busy night at the Schmidt house.

Yesterdays news is still sinking in, but we are carrying on.  More on this whole thing when I have permission to share.

Tonight Lexi has volleyball practice.  It's a mutual night.  I don't care for practice on Wednesdays but I totally understand.  There are so many activities at the various schools right now we are lucky to get practices in when we can.  Lexi has practice tomorrow too and then a tournament this weekend too.  The life of an active teenager.  Fun fun.

I found Lexi's freshman photo today.  Take a look at our timid, shy little girl at the beginning of this school year.  She has come out of her shell a little now that it's the end of her freshman year.  Isn't she a cutie?  



How Kevin manages to get to and get through those tournaments blows me away.  He has told me that this is just one way he can show his love and support for our children by being there for all of their events even though he I'd in constant pain the whole time he is there and then in bed after.  I admire that man for his determination and his efforts.  I know how hard it is for him.

Kevin has another pain block coming up soon.  The assistant said that the doctor was really coming after Kevin this next time.  Apparently they will have to "knock" Kevin out to get this next one done.  I know I couldn't do this, and allow a doctor to do what they do to my husband.  As soon as I saw the needle or felt any amount of pain I would have to jump off the table and run out of the building.  There is no way I would get a pain block.  I'm the biggest chicken there is.

The other day Curtis was in one of his classes in his normal school clothes when the teacher looked at Curtis and commented that he cleaned up pretty well.  Apparently she was looking at the picture the school posted on their website from the many Senior Portraits that were taken.  Here is the photo.  

It's kind of a fuzzy picture, don't you think.  It's weird seeing Curtis in a different colored shirt other than white.  Whenever he goes to a school dance he always wears another color.  It just takes some time to get use to seeing him in other colors I guess.  

I can hardly believe Curtis is a Senior.  This year is flying by.  Where does the time go?  Seems like just yesterday I was chasing him around the house, down the street, pretty much anywhere.  This kid was my little escape artist.  You would see him one minute and the next he was gone.  He scared me to death one Sunday morning.  I was working nights and got home about 7:30 am.  His dad had to leave for work.  So, I asleep on the couch in our living room in the house we lived in at the time.  Because Curtis was the escape artist even at the age of 2, we installed a latch at the top of our door thinking he would never reach it.  WRONG!!!  He was smart enough to pull a chair up and move the latch.  This particular day, he got out and was no where in sight.  I frantically searched the house, in each bedroom, bathroom, closet and under all the beds.  Then I went outside.  I was freaking out because I had been looking for him for about 1/2 an hour.  
After a while I spotted this women, that I had never seen before, came walking up the other side of the street with Curtis in her arms.  She said she had asked him where he lived and he pointed in our homes direction.  I was a complete mess by the time I got to the both of them.  I never saw that woman again after that.  

You see, at the time we lived in downtown Mesa.  Not exactly the best part of town, but it had some of the coolest houses.  We happened to live in an old farm house that had been built around the time Mesa was established.  Eventually the house was flattened and torn down.  The land was to be a part of the Mesa Arts Center.  

Lexi is off at Volleyball Practice now.  Curtis is getting ready for Mutual, Kyle is off the school.  One more day and he is done for the year.  It's Danielle, Kevin and I home tonight.  I plan to get some cleaning done, laundry done and watch Burn Notice tonight.  I have a confession....I am love to watch Burn Notice, Leverage, White Collar, and The Closer.  All old shows but I love them.  Then on Monday nights I have to watch Black List and on Tuesdays I have to watch A Person of Interest.  I cannot get enough of these shows.  It use to be Law and Order or Criminal Minds, but Criminal Minds can get a little scary for my youngest to see.  And it really can freak me out a bit, so we have gotten away from that show.  Law and Order, how many times can you watch the same episode?  They need to change it up a little more.  I know there are years and years of old episodes.  That show has been around forever.  I remember watching it around noon each day right after I gave birth to Danielle 25 almost 26 years ago.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love a good chic flick too. What I do not care for are dumb comedies, spoofs of other movies.  They are just a waste of time, in my opinion.  My husband and kids just love them. 

I need to get my St. Patrick's Day decorations up before this month gets away from me and it's time for Easter.  I have pretty much everything I need.  I just need to do it.  I'll post pictures when I get them up.

I know I have had a lot of rambling posts these days.  Please bear with me.  It will get better, I promise.  

It is never too small.  We are so small we look at things in a small way.  But God being Almighty, sees everything great.  Therefore, even if you write a letter for a blind man or you just go and sit and listen, or you take the mail for him, or you visit somebody or bring a flower to somebody--small things--or wash clothes for somebody or clean the house.  Very humble work that is where you and I must be.  For there are many people who can do big things.  But there are very few people who will do the small things.
--Mother Teresa







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...