Thursday, February 6, 2014

Friday Few


All went well at the doctor.  Curtis is on another antibiotic again.  I have an appointment with a pulmonologist and they gave me another breathing treatment yesterday.  Those always help but make me so jittery afterwards.  The bad part....I'm down for a few more days now.  ARG!!!  The next few photos are of the entrance into our doctor's office.
Enough doctors.  Lets move on to other things.... 

We bought Kyle this board game he played a couple of times and absolutely loved for Christmas last year.  It's called Curses.  It's hillarious to play or just watch people play.  The entire family had Curtis doing some pretty funny things the last time we played it.  It's great.  In fact, it would be a fun game to play with a big group of adults that don't mind acting like a bunch of crazy people for a while.  We found it at our church bookstore, but Amazon sells it too.  Here is a photo of the game.

So if you are looking for a good, clean, fun game to play with your family and/or 
friends, Curses would be a good one to get.  I would also suggest having a camera close by to snap a few funny photos while you play the game.  Trust me, you will thank me for suggesting the camera.  I wish I could have got a few photos of Curtis playing the game.  It was so funny.  

Lexi got pretty banged up at Volleyball practice last night.  She busted open her knee because she didn't wear her knee pads (we bug her every time she has practice to wear her kneepads but she refuses) then she dove for a ball and hit her right hip pretty hard on the court.  She came out of practice in tears and her hip was bruising up right away.  Yes, this is par for the course for a Volleyball player, especially the libero.  Lexi has a t-shirt that says, "If playing volleyball was easy, they would call it football."   It bugs her football playing brothers when she wears it, but she wears it all in fun.  

Saturday will be a busy day.  We were going to the Gilbert Temple Open House BUT Lexi has a volleyball tournament.  I'm so bummed!!  Kyle has a date too.  I tried to get him to bring his date along to the temple, but he doesn't want to do that on a first date.  So, Danielle and Curtis will take Danielle's Non-Member friend to see the temple.  Kevin, Lexi and I will have to go at another time.  I really wanted our family to go through together.  I just think it means more to go through with those people you are sealed to.  Plus we will be there to answer questions my kids might have.    . Not to mention that temples are not open to the public everyday.  Sure Kevin and I can go, but our kids can't until they go through for their own work.  I remember walking through the Mesa Temple as a little girl with my parents during its last open house in the 70's.  That left such a lasting impression on me.  I want Lexi and Danielle to experience that.  Kyle has been through the temple before his mission and Curtis will go soon too before his mission.  My girls need to see it now too.too.  Pictures are great, but in person is amazing!!!  My husband reminded me that if we happen to miss this Open House, there are two more temples being built in Arizona in the near future that we can go through later.  I love that man.  He always helps me realize that all is not lost.  He is my hero in so many ways all the time.  

What a blessing it is!  Arizona use to only have 1 temple and we felt so blessed.  I remember when I worked at Beehive Clothing and we discussed what it would take for our state to get another temple.  Basically we needed to attend the temple more.  The Mesa temple use to cover a very large area.  People would come from Mexico, New Mexico and even parts of Texas because this was the closest temple.  I remember when we lived in El Paso, Texas and the youth leaders in our ward were trying to work out the details and the expense to be able to take the youth to the Mesa Temple.  They were thinking they would not be able to go because of the cost.  That's when I got on the phone to my Sister-in-law here in Mesa and we arranged for the youth in my ward to stay with members in her stake, so they could make the trip to the temple that year.  Everyone was so willing to help.  It was awesome.  I didn't want the kids in El Paso to miss out on the opporrunity to see the temple and serve there just because of money.  The experience of being in the temple can be life changing and make lasting impressions.  I knew the kids had to get there and my simple phone called helped to make that happen.  No, I wasn't a part of the youth program.  My kids were not either.  I just saw a need and did what I could to help. I think I found out about it because I happened to be in a Ward Council Meeting when I served on the Activities Committee.  I was just glad to help.  

Have you ever heard of bead crochet?  A few years ago I taught myself how to do it, with the help of a few you-tube videos.  I got good enough to make about three necklaces for myself and I think I even made one for my Mom as a gift too.  Here is a picture of what it can look like.
So, why am I telling you this?  Well the other day Danielle comes in all excited about bead crochet.  She ends up doing the same thing I did.  You-tube, and taught herself how to do this.  (It's not hard.  Starting the tube is the hardest part.)  Anyway, now I want to get going and try this again.  This time I want to try the super small beads, though.  You should see all the cool patterns we have found.  This could be fun.  I'll let you know how things turn out.

Kyle called this morning and wanted me to bring him his debit card.  I pulled up and parked outside the building where he works and this is how he came up to the car.  
(He got tired of me taking pictures.  Does it show?)
He gets around really well on that forklift.

I'm home now.  My throat is so sore.  I guess it's because of that breathing treatment.  Time for some tylenol.  Ouch!  

Don't these cookies look yummy!  Here is the recipe.

STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 box strawberry cake mix
1 stick butter melted
1 egg
1 teas. Vanilla
4 oz. Cream cheese, room temp.
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup M&M candies

1) Combine butter, egg, vanilla and cream cheese in a bowl.  Mix thoroughly.
2) Add cake mix, half a box at a time until well combined.
3) Stir in chips and candied by hand.
4) Refigerate dough for at least an hour.  Then roll dough into 1 inch balls.
5) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
6) Place dough balls on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.  You do not want cookies to brown at all. Set a timer.
7) Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
8) Cookies can be stored for 4-5 days in an air tight container.
9) Makes 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...