Saturday, January 18, 2014

What will today bring?

Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday.....I love that Primary song!
This has been an interesting week.  I stayed home from work Monday because I couldn't breath.  That is the absolute worst feeling.  I used my inhalers and everything, no relief.  I ended up being home all week.  Each day has been bad for me.  I hate that.  I've also had Curtis home with a stomach flu and sore throat.  Then to top this all off, Lexi started having migraine headaches half way through the week too.  So Lexi and I went to the doctor.  Breathing treatments for me and really nothing for Lex, other than a good note for school explaining what needs to happen when she has one. 
While I was home this week this guy came up to the house and started looking at the side of the house.  He kind of freaked me out.  You see we have heard of at least two break in's in our neighborhood within the last month.  The guy explained that he was here to check out the tree on the the side of the house for the landlord.  So, Kevin called the landlord to make sure.  Luckily he had sent him over.  Thank goodness!
I woke up this morning at 7 a.m. to get my house in order.  You see we had scheduled the crew to come and cut down the tree on the side of our house this morning, but it's now 8:30 a.m. and they still haven't shown up.
This is the tree.  It's over grown and either needs to be trimmed a lot OR cut down.  Our landlord mentioned cutting it down, which I think is the best option.  The tree is a great tree and I love the shade, especially in the summer.  It shades the house, the garage, and the side of the house where the pool pump is.  Which makes working outside in the summer easier.  We are sad to see the tree go.  But it also is too close to the house, too close the the block fence and could cause a lot of damage down the road.  So as sad as we are to see this lovely tree go, we know it is for the best.  I just wish the guys would come by or at least call to let us know they aren't coming so we can get on with our day.  Frustrating!

We even put three huge tarps over the pool so that nothing would fall into it.  Here is a picture of all the tarps.
Okay, so three pictures of the tarps.  :)

The funny part of the whole morning, okay NOT so funny, was when we let the dog out back to go to the bathroom.  He went right for the tarps or the pool, actually.  Curtis went in right after him, fully clothed.  Luckily the dog was okay.  
After all the time in the pool, we decided to take the dog out front on a leash.  But as I was holding the dog on the leash, with no shoes on, AND in the wet grass, the dog knocked me down.  Then proceeded to pull me across the front lawn.  It looked like this.
I kid you not!  It's a good thing it was so early and dark outside.  Hopefully my neighbor were all asleep and did not see me.  I came into the house after and the whole front of my shirt was wet.  Our dog is super strong!!  Crazy dog!.

It's now 9 a.m. and STILL they have not called or showed up to cut down this tree. ARG!!!  

Kyle doesn't like me talking about this, but how can I not?  As I have mentioned before, he has been working out with an Olympic Weight Lifting Coach.  The Coach invited Kyle to join his gym after he watched Kyle weight lift at school.  So, Kyle has been working with this Coach for several monrhs now and he had his first competition yesterday.  Kyle did pretty good.  He has two more competitions before National's.  We are crossing our fingers that Kyle gets to participate in the National's.  We are super excited for Kyle.

It's now 9:30 a.m., I don't think they are gonna show up to do anything with thr tree.  I wonder what that will mean for next week?  Will they just show up some other day?  Will we be notified?  I don't know.  ARG! Is all I can say.

QUOTE:  When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...