Sunday, January 12, 2014

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Since the beginning of the year I've been thinking about resolutions.  You know, like most people do this time of year.  Do I want to make a few?  Do I dare?  If I make some will I give them up by March?  How do I come up with a resolution that will stick?  Do I work on improving myself physically, mentally or spiritually?  Then I thought ALL areas could use improvement.  So, where do I start?  

Here is what I came up with.......

PHYSICAL:  I've decided to start with drinking less soda and will drink more water.  Why you say?  Well it just makes sense.  Water is better for you and that alone will make me feel a lot better.  So, my plan is to start only having one soda a day and to drink water the rest of the day.  They say water increases your metabolism.  I hope so.
AND I also plan to do more walking.  We have a treadmill in the house and I intend to use it by starting out slow.  15 minutes a day and increase from there.  These two things hopefully will jump start me into losing a couple pounds and then put me on the path to adding more healthy habits as the year goes on.

MENTALLY:  I want to start taking a class or two at the local community college.  My first goal is to get things set up to take one online class next semester.  Start slow and see where things go from there.  I just feel I need to finish my education.

SPIRITUALLY:  I could come up with all kinds of things here but I am going to start out small here.  Make it to church is our first priority.  More family prayer, more family home evenings and more scripture study, personally and with the whole family.  These simple things will not only improve me but our whole family.  

See.....simple goals.  I don't think any of these things are too much.  And once I feel that I have successfully accomplished these things I can add to these plans.  This way I won't get discouraged with lofty goals.  And since I am posting this publically I can review this goals at anytime.  

Oh yeah,..   one last goal.......
I plan to try and do a daily blog post too. I want to do this to share things with friends and family as well as use these posts as a personal journal of the events in our lives.  Then at the end of the year we can review and hopefully improve from there too.  I like the format I used Saturday and will use that  same format for at least one post a week.  Give always might also be fun too.  Keep watching and reading to see what I come up with. Thanks for reading.  We do appreciate it and I hope you make some goals and have a wonderful week too.

QUOTE:  The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...