Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's Saturday!  Yowza!  Saturdays are lovely!  They are my only day to sleep in.  But I still wake up early.  The one day I can my body gets me up like I have some kind of internal alarm clock.  :)
I thought I would try something a little different with my post today. Something that might give you a different view inside of life at the Schmidt home.  Here goes...

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW it looks nice and warm outside.  Its really not.  It's cold out there.  Take a look.....
It certainly not polar vortex weather for us.  Besides I live in Arizona.  We are use to blistering heat not cold.  Superman has his kryptonite.  Cold weather is Arizona's kryptonite.  Ha ha.  (Not really. I like the cooler weather, really I do)
 
I AM THINKING if we hurry and get this house picked up I can be lazy and watch my show later today.  I like to watch Burn Notice on channel 45.  We don't have cable but that hasn't been too much of an issue.  I love that Burn Notice is also on channel 51 on Wednesdays and Fridays now too.  They also show Leverage, another one of my favorites. 

I AM THANKFUL for the Holy Ghost and the promptings I receive from my Heavenly Father.  Monday morning I woke up early and something happened that reminded me that my Heavenly Father was very much aware of me.  Nothing really big happened, but that reminder carried me throughout the week.  When tough things came up, it was as if strength was added to me to get through with a smile on my face and a good feeling in my heart.  To better describe this, it reminded me of how I felt when I was in high school and attended seminary every day.  Love that!!!

IN THE KITCHEN I have a load washing in the dishwasher and a few others soaking in the sink.  Sure we try to keep up on the dishes during the week.  This week just got away from us.  Kevin was home but with his back, I don't expect him to do anything more that what he feels up to doing.  His first job right now is to get better.
 I AM WEARING a T-shirt and black sweats right now.  It's Saturday and these are comfortable.

I AM CREATING some fun things for the upcoming holidays AND trying something new, but more about that later.  I still haven't started my faux mantle.  Hopefully soon though.

I AM GOING to church tomorrow no matter what!  Even if I have to show up there in my pajamas, I am going!!!!  (Not really but I need to get there.)  This earlier schedule is tough on this old lady.

I AM HOPING to start doing some organizing and de-cluttering this coming  week.  Molly Mormon, I am not!!!  A Stepford Wife, I am not!!!!!  But an organized and uncluttered home I like!  Sure, don't get me wrong, I love pretty things even if it could be considered clutter.  
Do you see my end table.  Cluttered with some mail and the keyboard in the background?  Clutter.  Mail I am going through and hopefully throwing away moste of.  The keyboard is new.  My mother-in-law gave it to Curtis because he loves to play it.  He is teaching himself to play the piano and is doing pretty well.  Lexi is even getting into it.   Sure it clutters that corner some but that's okay.  What I should do is find someone to give them lessons.  
(Some would consider my doors clutter, but I like them and think they are pretty)

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO watching Kyle compete in his upcoming weight lifting competition.  I wish we could go but no one goes to these.  Luckily we can watch him online.  I also hope Kyle reaches his personal goals to make it to the Nationals and ultimately the Olympics.  (He doesn't want me telling anyone but how can I not?  What a goal!!!!!)

I AM LEARNING more amd more lately about why we arre living in this area.  For a while I thought we were stuck in our own little vortex because in my opinion we just do not fit here.  Sure this is the area Kevin grew up in but we still don't fit.  We usually have a circle of friends in a ward.  You know people we can talk to and people that we have made lasting friendships with.  That hasn't happened here.  Sometimes I think it's because we are older than most of the couples in this ward.  Other times I think it's because this ward is just set in their ways.  And other times I think the people in this ward just don't like us.  We are far from perfect and we have made some mistakes.  Okay I have made the mistakes. It seems that we seem to end up in this area at some of the hardest times of our lives and so we certainly are not on our best behavior.   I do regret my words spoken in anger but I do not dwell on them.  I know I have room for improvement.  I think some people like to gossip and cannot let go.  That's their issue.   BUT, I have learned that we are here to strengthen our testimonies.  Which is teaching us how to stand on our own and not rely on others. 

AROUND THE HOUSE there are plenty of things to do. Keeping up with everything should be a full-time job, but I only have part-time hours to give.  Right now I wish I could afford to be home full-time to take care of my family.  Working outside of the home serves it's purpose, but that is not where my heart is.

I AM PONDERING what to make for dinner tonight and tomorrow.  I think I might do a roast tomorrow and tacos or burritos tonight.  I need to get the Sam's Club to check out their roasts.  I can never find decent ones at a regular grocery store.  Oh yeah!  I have chicken in the freezer!  Chicken and rice casserole for dinner Sunday!!!  My family loves it!!!

A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY:  "Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed.  The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise.  Life is like an old time rail journey.....delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.". 
---Gordon B. Hinckley

 ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS is the movie theatre popcorn you find in the bags by all the potato chips.  Not microwave popcorn.

A PEEK INTO TODAY...Apparently I will not be able to post a few more pics.  My phone is acting up.  Besides it's just dinner, cleaning, T.V. and grocery shopping that I have planned.  Hope you have  a glorious day.

1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...