Thursday, January 30, 2014

He's Back!!!

It's official!  I finally have the old Kevin back.  That's right, this crazy guy....

Back surgery might have slowed him down for a little bit, but as of today, it's all over.  Yes, he went back to work at the beginning of this month working a random part-time schedule.  No, he is still not at 100%, but it takes time to heal from that kind of surgery.  So, why now do I say he is officially back?  Well, I am glad you asked.

You see this is the man I fell in love with....initially.

But this is the kind of thing this man does that keeps me on my toes and makes me love him even more.

You never know what he is going to do. 
Here are a few more pics of Kevin....

This is Kevin with our oldest daughter as a toddler.  She is 25 now.

And this is Kevin with our youngest daughter at her first Daddy/Daughter Dance.  Aren't they cute?


This is Kevin hanging out by the pool at his brothers house with his mother and one of the cousins.



These two pics are of Kevin as the Operations Manager at Vision Computers.  I don't think he ever took off his baseball cap.


This is Kevin very carefully riding so as to not hurt his back anymore. 

Today is a great day!  I finally can say, the old Kevin is back.  You know the one that jokes and teases and keeps up all on our toes.  I am so happy!!  It's been a long 4 or so months that he has been literally in bed recovering or in too much pain to get out of bed.  Although he has been up since the first part of January working I still did not feel that I had my husband back.  Today he actually played a joke on me when I got back from my doctor's appointment.  This is how I know I have my husband BACK! 

I have to say, it has not been easy these last few months without him, so to speak.  We have all missed him.  I have said this before, but I will say it again...I could never be a single parent.  I need my husband.  I cannot do this without him and I certainly would NEVER like to try.  He is everything to me and I love him. 

Last month I learned that an old friend from high school lost her husband suddenly to a heart attack.  My heart goes out to this friend and her 5 children.  After hearing of the passing of this friends husband, it made me think about my life with Kevin and then the questions started...you know the ones.  What if something tragic like this happened to us?  What would we do?  With the 3 different surgeries Kevin has had recently, this last one really had me scared.  I never told him though.  When he had his very first back surgery, I think we had every doctor on staff in the pre-op room getting him ready for it and that was just a short one to two hour procedure.  It looked like a Nascar Pit Crew working on every part of the man.  I think that is what scared me.  This last surgery was by far, the longest.  7 and a 1/2 hours.  Luckily the surgeon did not bring in the Nascar Pit Crew this time.  If they had, I probably would have lost it. 

I am very grateful the Lord has preserved my husband through all of these trials that we have endured.  I am grateful I listened to that still small voice that let me know Kevin was the one I would eventually marry.  I am grateful that Kevin is a return missionary who loves the Lord and honors his Priesthood and loves me and each of our children very much.  We are incredibly blessed to call Kevin our husband and father.  And even though we are in for a lot of jokes and teasing...we would not have it any other way.  We love you Kevin and don't you ever forget that.  Enough said. 









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...