Sunday, January 5, 2014

A new project

Gotta LOVE them!!!!  I am totally in love with the faux fireplaces I have seen on Pinterest and everywhere else. I have even seen a few fireplace surrounds for sale on a few of the Facebook Groups I belong to.....BUT I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for one.  I could never justify spending that much in the family budget, especially for something decorative.  Those that know me, know I NEVER spend a lot, EVER!!!!  Just ask my family.
So, my new goal is to make a faux fireplace.  I have the perfect wall for it in my living room.  Here are a couple pictures of a few I like.
Pretty cool, aren't they???!!!!

So I have been hunting around for things I could use to make my faux fireplace.  I bought this cool shelf from someone on one of the Facebook groups I belong to.  It only cost me $15.00.  What do you think?
I think this shelf has potential, don't you??  Here is what we did with it for Christmas....simple.  
We used the extra clothes pins for Christmas cards.


All we need to do is head down to our local hardware store to pick up a few supplies.  I'm thinking paint the fireplace a color for a little pop, but then chippy white sounds good too.  Hopefully we can get started on this little project in the next couple of days.  So, keep watching for the big reveal.  I for one cannot wait!  

Oh, and if you have some time check out some of the adds on my blog too.  Thank you.  I appreciate it.
1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...