Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanksgiving! Is there anything better??

Isn't this picture funny???  It makes me laugh!!! 
I love this time of year.  I love that the weather is changing and getting cooler, I love that the fall colors are everywhere.  Of course, we don't get to see the leaves change colors here in the Valley of the Sun (Arizona), but that's okay.  The colors of fall are in all the decorations I see.  BUT....what I love most about this time of year is how the focus seems to shift from everyone focusing on themselves to everyone focusing on others...AND, what could be more important???

I love Thanksgiving!  I love that as we prepare for the big feast at the end of the month of November, we reflect on our past and we seem to reflect on who and what is most important to us.  An attitude of gratitude seems to come more abundantly during this time of year.  For our family that focus is usually on family.  It's hard for all of us to get together but at least during a few of the big holidays during the year we manage to get together.   

So, retail America....take it easy.  We need to remember Thanksgiving.  We need to make sure everyone that can has the chance to be with their family on at least one day of the year.  We need to stop and remember what is important.  Family, friends, blessings, and make sure we take the time to be thankful for all that we have.  

In the spirit of gratitude, I want to hear from you.  I want to hear about all the things you have done to show your gratitude for another.  Please take a moment or two to reply to my post and share your experiences with me.  I want to know do you what others have done for you and how they have blessed your lives.  I want to know how you have fostered an attitude of gratitude in your life.  What a better way to keep that Thanksgiving Spirit alive than by remembering.  I believe one of the most powerful words in the English language is REMEMBER!  (Definition of the word Remember:  have in or be able to bring to one's mind an awareness of (someone or something that one has seen, known, or experienced in the past).  So, please take the time to share and help us all remember what is most important.  Thank you!  

1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...