Sunday, July 14, 2013

Let the Sunshine In...

Look what I found!!!  Here is my inspiration piece...

 
Isn't this wreath cool???  I love it!!!
 
Here is what you need to make this...
 
a wreath form.  Here is what I found.  I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $3.50
A glue gun and lots of glue sticks.
And some corn husks.  I bought mine at the grocery store down the Mexican good isle.  I had my son pick these up, so I am not sure how much the package was, but you know me....nothing too expensive.  I like my projects to cost less than $10.00. 
 
First I covered my entire wreath with husks.  See the picture below.
 
 
The corn husks are a little stiff, so I used a spray bottle and sprayed both sides of the husks.  Then I just glued them down wet until the entire wreath was covered.  The husks are pretty wide.  See the pic below....
 
Aren't they wide?  I ripped them in half to cover the wreath.  Then I ripped them into four sections like this....
 
At first I didn't think the husks would be long enough, but they are.  Here is my wreath.  The picture is pretty light because I took the pic while my wreath was on the door and I had to use my flash. 
 
 
I'm thinking about spray painting it a mustard yellow just to make it look more like a sun.  It's about 113 here in Arizona and I think this wreath is perfect for the summer.  What do you think??  I love the contrast of the wreath against the door in my inspiration piece.  We have a white security door so the impact is not as great.  Hence the reason I think I need to spray paint it. 
 
 
Quote:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...