Saturday, July 6, 2013

I have that FeEliNg AGAIN!!!!!!

 
It's happening again!!!!  I have that feeling AGAIN!!!!  You know the one, right?
And it will not go away.  That feeling that I need to do something.  AND quick!!!  Or eLsE......The one...........
You know how it is.  Right???? It's that feeling all you crafty type people feel whenever you have NOT done anything craft like in quite a while. 
 
You see, I have this blank wall in my family room that needs something and I have been trying to come up with something to do.  The wall I am talking about use to things my kids made or wrote over the years.  You can kind of see the wall behind the dog in the pic below.
I had these old shutters I literally got from someones pile of junk (we originally used them for my nieces wedding).  Above the shutters was a wood sign that reads... Lead Me, Guide Me, Walk Beside Me.  Kind of blaw if you ask me.  So, I moved the things my kids made to a smaller wall in the family room and took down the shutters.  (I have something else in mind for them)  
 
Then I put this up on the blank wall....
 
If you ask me, its lacking something, don't you think????  So off I go to start searching high and low for some ideas...  (stores, catalogs, Internet sites)

I found some cute ideas on another blog and decided to run with some of those ideas.  Here is what I have so far.  Have you seen all those signs that look like this...???
I love these, but I wanted something in color and something personal. Plus I didn't want to have to spend an arm and a leg for it.  
 
Remember, I mentioned I found some ideas from another blog, right?  Well, on that blog I found some hints on how to make these.  The blogger even included a website to find the letters and numbers which made searching for the right ones a lot easier.  One disclaimer for the site....before you use the pics, make sure they are public domain or the publisher is OK with you using them for personal use.  (this site was OK with you using their stuff for personal use only) 
 
I began with Microsoft Publisher and picked the side template I wanted my pic to be.  (I used 8 1/2 x 11 because that's as big as my printer will print)  I then arranged the letters in the order I wanted.  I wanted my sign to say, Schmidt Est 1987.  After working with the letters and numbers and getting them to the right size, I printed out the page in color.
 
THEN.....
 
I went to Michael's looking for a jewelry clasp but didn't find one, BUT!!!!  They were having a frame sale.  Everything was marked down like 60% plus another 25%!!!  Sweet!!!  I got a $40.00 frame for $7.50 and it is pretty big too.  It was a 16x20 frame and the picture space is 11x14. 
 
So off the Kinko's I go to enlarge my color print to 11x14.
 
Here is the finished product......but the overhead light is showing..... ARG!!!
 
 
Here is a better picture, I think....:)
 
 
I am really happy with the way this turned out.  I love the white frame.  I think it make my page Pop!!!  
What do you think?  Comment on my post and give me your feedback.  I would love to hear from you. 


1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...