Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A couple more projects...

As you know I have a blank wall to fill in my family room.  I have a couple more projects I have been working on.  Take a look....

 
I love eye charts and the messages you can include with them.  You can find several all over the Internet.  But I wanted a "custom" eye chart.  I found a few sites that will let you enter your own text on their template, but I needed a few extra lines.  So, back to Microsoft Publisher I went.  I pulled up the 8 1/2x11 template and selected columns.  On one of the websites it gave the type sizes and the distance for each line.  There was thing I failed to add to my chart that I just happened to see on the official eye chart at my doctor's office today and that is the eye strength that goes along with each line.  For example if you read a certain line well you have 20/20 vision.  (I can't remember what they call it.)
 
The next project is a hidden message.  I found a font I liked and picked a size then I repeated the ABC's randomly all over the page.  Then I made the color of the letters look like they were stamped or from an old printing press by using the gradient feature.  If you look close you can see the type is darker or lighter in some places.  Then I went back and changed the color of the letters needed to spell out my message.  I kind of changed up the color here too.  I used a dark color for some and then a lighter shade of that same shade for others.  (the message is:  Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment.)  This has been one of Kevin's favorite quotes since his mission and he would share it with the Young Men whenever it was appropriate.  I like it too and it is a little reminder for me too.
 
 
This next picture is a project I want to try.  I just love it and think it would be cool with personal family pictures.  I will have to give it a try.  If I do, you know I will post my pics...now off to find frames for my new pieces.  Wish me luck!! 
 

 
Quote:  “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” – Dr. Seuss

 
1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...