Sunday, June 9, 2013

Vintage Sign

A few weeks back I came across a vintage sign for Mrs. Schmidt's bread.  I loved it!!!! .....but the sign was only about 5in x 7in.  I wanted a much bigger sign for my kitchen.  Then I remembered something I saw on another blog and something I saw on a decorating show I watched.  So, I started searching for picture frames.  I was standing in the check-out line at Jo-Ann's Fabrics one day and they had TWO thick, black frames in their clearance bins.  The inside of the frame measured 18 in x 24 in.  They were reduced from $35.00 each to $8.00 each. So I bought both.  The one I put a vintage T-shirt my husband had from the tile setting business his grandfather started back in the 50's called Smitty's Tile.  It needed a frame.  Then for my sign I took my 5x7 to Office Depot.  If you just want a black and white picture enlarged you can ask them to give you the Engineer's Print and it won't cost an arm and a leg.  I enlarged my picture to 18x24 and it only cost me $1.90.  Pretty cool, right?  The picture below is my sign and it only cost me about $10.00.

1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...