A friend of mine posted this on facebook and I loved it.
It got me thinking about some things. With all that is going on in our life....Kevin's back. Then his recent pain block that went haywire and several E.R. visits. Then things recently happening to Danielle and work being a little crazy, and just the day-to-day stuff, I have lots to get bummed out about. AND I tend to go that direction quickly. I get frustrated and it just escalates from there.
So, today in an effort to change the negative attitude, I am going to try to take the time to recognize the blessings in my life.
Things I am grateful for ...
1) My family. My husband, my children our parents and our extended family.
2) The gospel in my life and all the peace that knowledge brings.
4) The Priesthood and Priesthood Blessings
5) The knowledge that I can pray to my Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere and He will hear my prayer. Sometimes other people will let me down, but my Heavenly Father is always there for me.
6) Technology. I love that we can get on a computer and connect with friends as well as find anything you need. I especially love that I can access church websites and find inspirational quotes, talks and scriptures to help me. Here a few of my favorite websites...lds.org, byutalks.com.
7) My job and Kevin's job.
8) Air conditioning. It's been 119 degrees outside this weekend and I would never make it without that.
9) A dishwasher. I love that I can put my dirty dishes in there and they come out clean and sanitized. 10) Good neighbors. Our neighbors have been so sweet. This week they are dealing with a funeral for their father-in-law and they have brought us dinner, just out of the blue. Can you believe that?
These are just a few of the things I am grateful for. I plan to list a thing or two each day as the weeks go by. Hopefully as I do this, I will be able to recognize the many miracles and the Lord's hand in my life. AND change the negative to a more positive outlook on things. And I'm sure I will laugh a lot along the way. Enough said.