Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Some blasts from the past and a New Recipe to try....

I was looking through some pictures and ran across this one.  This is the quilt Danielle and I made for my niece and her new husband.  I usually do their wedding flowers as their wedding gift but this time we decided to make a quilt to.  I had no idea the colors would turn out so nice together.  I just love these colors.


 
Then I found this picture. 
 
 
Each year we usually get together as a family for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.  This year we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  That meant we could have had about 40 people over for dinner.  Each time we get together we usually all sit in different parts of the house and well, I didn't like that.  So, the first time we had Thanksgiving at our house I came up with a way to seat all of us at the same table. Luckily we didn't have the 40 people we thought we could end up having.  Otherwise we would have had to do this banquet style.  Anyway, we had about 26 people.  I also do not like using paper products at Thanksgiving either.  Sure, sometimes there is no way around it, but when we can I use the real dishes.  So, we set the table with all the dishes, silverware and glasses, and of course real napkins.  I made a huge centerpiece and used it in the center.  The picture above is a snapshot of that table after we all ate.
 
 
The last picture is a picture of something I found on line I decided to copy.  I was assigned to decorate for our ward Christmas Party and we went away from the traditional turkey dinner and had BBQ.  It was really good.  We did a rustic theme and had a campfire on the stage, wanted posters on the walls for Santa, and we even brought out the handcarts from the Pioneer Trek.  The entertainment for the night was provided by one of the ward members that could play the guitar and we sang songs and told stories by the campfire.  It was really nice.  The pic above resembles the centerpieces I made for all the tables  (I think we had 22-26 tables)  We had plastic green, red or white round table clothes on the tables.  Followed by a square of burlap, a round white doily, snow-like stuff and these little trees all done up in country fabrics along with a little tag that said Merry Christmas.  From: Schmidt & Co.  ft&e est. 1987 (meaning for time and eternity and the year Kevin & I were sealed together.)  Get it.....Schmidt & Co, since we made them???  Fun times.  No one knew exactly what I had in mind for the centerpieces and decorations, but I think it all came together quite nice and everyone seemed to really like what we did. 



Here is a recipe I want to try.....Homemade OXY Clean!!!  How cool is that?  Check out the recipe below.  If you decide to try it, please let me know what you think. 


1/2 C Baking Soda or Washing Soda
1/2 C Hydrogen Peroxide
1 C Water

Mix/whisk together well.  You can use it to pre-treat your stained clothing, by using a couple tablespoons on the stain.  You can also add about 1 cup of the mixture to your laundry load. 


Thought of the day:   Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. 1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...