Monday, May 20, 2013

Wedding Flowers


My first job was working part time at a flower shop my senior year of high school.  When I graduated high school and started college, changed flower shops because I wanted something full time.  Little did I know that the skills and techniques I learned at each shop would have such a lasting impression on me now at the age of 46.  Over the past few years I have done the wedding flowers for 4 of my nieces and several friends.  Here are few pics...
These are my niece Amanda's flowers.  I posted this picture on facebook without her ok, so I took her out of the picture as to not step on her toes. 
Then I did these flowers for our bishop's daughter and I fell in love with the colors and the style.
These are the flowers for my niece, Jessica.  I love her colors too.  But this was the reception that started my craze for all things shabby chic.  Once Jessica and her mother got going on the décor for the reception I had to start helping too.  While searching Craigslist I found some old French doors.  Then I remembered a house a few streets down from us that had two very large French doors on the side of their house.  So, I went to the door and no one answered.  Then I left a note.  Eventually I was able to talk to the homeowner and they gave me the doors!!!  No kidding.  And this is the result...
See the doors behind our huge family.  Mo brother-in-law sanded, connected the doors together and added trim to the tops of each side.  He made them look amazing!  After the wedding I just had to have the doors.  I love them and they now have a home behind my couch in my living room. 
 
Good thing we have vaulted ceilings.  :)  (this is an old picture. We now have new couches)
 
 
 
1.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...